Monday, 27 January 2014

Murky Monday

Hi folks,
 
Well, what a wet and wild weekend we had. I hope it was a little less wet and wild where you are but I suspect that the answer is that you all (in the U.K. anyway) had very much the same - sorry!
 
In my last post I shared a card which fitted a number of challenges and, once I corrected the fact that my sentiment was "on the wonk" and I hadn't noticed!!!, I liked it but ....... there is just something about that particular Paper Artsy image that keeps shouting at me "MAKE ME MONOCHROME!" - probably just the deco-esque feel to it .... either way, I simply had to have another go ....AND, whilst I was checking out the Paper Artsy blog I saw their current challenge was to draw inspiration from their GDTM .... she used a number of layers and also background images (including some splats) - to create the illusion of layers ...... and I used splats as well as a P.A. image - so, I'm HOPING, that this will be an eligible entry over there too.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for matting
  • Post it's for masking
  • Paper Artsy "starlet" image from the Vintage Nudes - set 4 stamped once on to the card blank and then again (without re-inking) on to a post it and cut out - to form my mask
  • Mask in place and I stamped the Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Mask still in place and I stamped my Visible Image "ink splat" image using Versafine smokey grey
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh much better ... IMHO anyway. As usual, my design carries across both the inside and the envelope too ...
 
 
 
Presto, one all purpose happy starlet card - in monochrome, which made me happy too! And the original? Here it is, using a sketch from the LIM-ettes over at Simply Less Is More
 
 
 
 

And, since I was on a roll with that particular selection of images ..... I thought to myself - "Why not make a couple of ATC's?" I allowed myself to run out a week or so ago so need to build some stock up again so I made a small batch of the wee beasties!






Materials used:

  • ATC blanks (2)
  • Paper Artsy Vintage Nude (??) stamped in Versafine onyx black on both ATC's and masked
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Distress Ink in picked raspberry on one and Versafine onyx black on the other
  • Visible Image "splatter" image stamped once using Distress Ink in picked raspberry and once in Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on both ATC's using Versafine onyx black ink

SCHIMPLES!!! - whilst the images were out anyway! Now I have two more ATC's in the box ready to roll - Yee Haa!

I was trawling my February issue of Craft Stamper (well, what else there to do when it was LASHING it down outside!) and I came across a simple colouring technique ... hmm ... interesting AND I had the very background stamp used in the project too -





Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card panel, edged with a gold promarker
  • Kaisercraft "fence" image stamped on to the panel using Memento tuxedo black and coloured with pumpkin and gold pro markers
  • Visible Image barbed wire stamped across the bottom of the panel using Memento tuxedo black and the "goth girl" image from the same set stamped on to white card, coloured with pro markers/copics and Marvey alcohol markers before fussy cutting
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens for the eyes

Jury's still out on what sentiment to use - what are your suggestions readers? Right, and here's the article in question .... of course, in the article the image used (on the right hand page) was stamped on to coloured paper making very little colouring to the image - I chose to complicate mine by colouring a much bigger focal image but I think you can still see where the inspiration came from!




Well, I DID say (in Saturdays post) that I wanted to craft my socks off ..... if you look at the weekend posts (along with this one) then I think you may agree that the socks are definitely OFF!!!!, no wonder my blooming feet are cold!

Have a great Monday, Christmas break is well and truly over now and dog training sessions have resumed on a Monday evening - just me and a pal (with, of course, her dog!), we leave hubby at home and catch up on all the news too!

9 comments:

SARN said...

Love all the makes from your ultra crafty weekend Kathy.

My fave is the monochrome look though.

Dunno about the sentiment to use, soz!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

I'm with Sarn - that monochrome card is stunning Kathy! Love all the others too.

I was stoooopid and spent most of yesterday ironing - crafting would have been much more fun.

And the little Goth girl's teddy is headless :( She could be saying 'I lost my head over you' ...... OK, perhaps not. Haven't had my morning fix of strong coffee yet, sigh.

Ah, dog training - that brings back memories.

Hugs, Di xx

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

You have indeed crafted your socks off! Lovely cards and atc's - you were on a roll there! x

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

You could be right Kathy, it might be a tenuous link to our blog posts kicking off this week, but in your mind there's clearly a connection, and I love what you have done with your stamped layers, and appreciate you sharing it via our weekly challenge regardless! Thanks

MaryH said...

Love your monochrome with the splats & the face. So very intriguing. Liked that you have decorated the envie to tease about what's inside. Liked your little big-eye girlie too, but don't have a thought as to sentiment. Diane had a good one, I think! TFS & Hugs. Hope your weather has calmed down. At least you were super productive! TFS & Hugs

Diane said...

What wonderful card designs.

Hugs diane

Lucy Edmondson said...

Such a striking and effective card design,

Lucy x

PaperArtsy BlogDump said...

I Love ALL those star projects-just fab!!

My name is Wynneth said...

I LOVE the monochrome card, it's so striking.

You were certainly on a roll Missus ! What wonderful creations.

Well done on the inspiration from CS, love that cute image and the great Kaiser fence.

luv
wynneth
x