Saturday, 11 January 2014

Saturday and another challenge day - what have my fave blogs got for me today?

Morning readers,

Had a nice afternoon yesterday, met up with a pal, for coffee. We're lucky (where we live) in that we have a rather nice coffee shop in the village in what used to be the old school rooms. The ambience is nice, the coffee about 30% cheaper than Costa (and just as good) and I can walk there from where I live. My pal turns up on the bus and it's just a 300 yard walk for her too - perfick!, and it makes a change from meeting at the mall and/or Hobbycraft - which all lead me astray! It's always nice to catch up and I'd not seen Sue since before Christmas so we had a fair bit to catch up on too.

Whilst having a bit of a tidy I found a "forgotten about" (?!?!?!) stash of coloured card blanks which, in addition to the ones I HADN'T forgotten about means that I have RATHER A LOT OF coloured card blanks ... I don't normally make new years resolutions but think I really must make an effort to use some of this surplus stock or give it away!!! To that end, here's a card using fairly bright orange card stock from a pack of 5 "Papyrus" card blanks with self coloured envelopes - honestly, what WAS I thinking? I felt like I'd been tango'd but, if I'm honest, I'm quite pleased with the finished CAS card, see what you think ........



Materials used:
  • Orange C6 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Black and white card for image panel and matting
  • Post-its for masking my shape
  • Distress Inks: wild honey, spiced marmalade and ripe persimmon
  • Kaisercraft alphabet image stamped with the wild honey ink
  • Kaisercraft crackle image stamped with Memento London fog
  • Printworks "paint splatter" image stamped with wild persimmon ink
  • Sunshine Designs image and Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink

And, as is my usual habit the design has been carried across the inside and to the front and back of the envelope too ...



I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loving the Kaisercraft stamps as they layer so SPLENDIDLY! The paint splatter image is great too, though it's been languishing in a drawer for far too long ..... being wood mounted it didn't find its way in to my "collage" drawers and got forgotten - like the cards and envelopes! I hope this isn't becoming a habit! I believe this fits (with just a smidge of poetic licence) with the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches - wish me luck - here's their sketch, hope the DT agree



As the post title says, I normally have a couple of Saturday challenges I like to enter and I suspect that today will be no different, HOWEVER, this post IS scheduled as I'm in Swindon meeting up with crafting pal (Debs) at Snazzy's!, so I shan't have the chance to look at the challenge schedule till much later. This afternoon hubby will be doing computer things too so I may have to get involved there too - I hope to get some crafting in though and, who knows?, I MAY even have new stash to share/break open! 

If you can't wait to see what those challenges hold then please check out my side bar where you will find a list of those I like to enter (if time allows) and what days they are set ... I DO know that the Simply Less Is More challenge is the dreaded One Layer Card!!! YIKES! I used to be so afraid of these ...... and a little of me still is!!!!

My regular readers will know that I exchange ATC materials with a swap buddy on the Isle of Skye and yesterday saw another packet land on my mat ..... more accurately, saw the postie ringing the doorbell as we had a couple of things that wouldn't go through the letterbox in the same delivery! Wanna see what Pam sent me?


Sorry it's a bit woolly - I tried with a flash but the piece of magazine page reflected too much

And what did it turn in to? Well, I haven't quite finished it yet so you'll have to be patient - but I just BET it'll be done for later or tomorrow - depending on how long I'm in Swindon with Debs and how much assistance my hubby needs later too!!

Lorraine has blogversary candy - see it here you can see it in my side bar too - HAPPY BLOGVERSARY!

Have a great Saturday

10 comments:

Debs M said...

Love the card - it's not so bright with the layering and I love the strip across!

Good luck with the atc - I have that stamp! see you later x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card and I just LOVE that gorgeous orange Kathy. Isn't it great when you re-discover stuff you'd forgotten; almost like having a new stash :oD

I always feel very righteous if I use up something I've forgotten about

Love the stamped image your pal sent you and very much looking forward to seeing what you conjure with it.

Have a great weekend. Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Certainly a zingy card, but I like the way you 'calmed' it down with some white.

Your ATC is interesting too.

scrappyjacky said...

I think that orange is very effective....lovely card.
Sounds like a lovely afternoon as well.

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Kathy, love the design and looking forward to seeing the ATC. Enjoy your weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

clare said...

loving your tango card! x

Karren said...

I love your take on the sketch! That sponged panel is just so rich-looking and deep! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lizy Bartaby said...

I love this Kathy! It is so bright and really cheery! I made a card using an orange card blank too yesterday....blogging it tomorrow! :)
Lizy xx

Katie Berberich said...

That's a lovely way to incorporate a coloured cardblank more subtly. I also have a bunch of metallic ones to use up. I'm thinking a Christmas card session with Amelie this year. I know she'll have a ball.
Your little tea room sounds very quaint and in perfect distance. The distraction of the craft shops was possibly what you needed to sink deep in thought of your next creative session! Still, there is nothing like a little temptation is there?
Katie :) x

Rita Wright said...

I think it's a fun take on the sketch! I just love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week.