Sunday, 26 January 2014

Soggy Sunday .... just for a change!!!

Morning all,
 
I have a HUGE surprise for you ...... IT'S RAINING!!!! What do you mean? You are not surprised .... really? Me either - seems we've had rain pretty much every single day since early December and, frankly, I'm fed up of it - as I'm quite sure many of you (British readers) are too. Mind you, some of my U.S. readers may be happy to swap if you're from the areas affected by the recent two Polar Vortexes. Some SERIOUSLY freaky weather we've been having.

I have a card to share with you this morning - I believe it fits several challenges, check it out



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade "swiped" lightly across the card
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped over the D.I. using D.I. in picked raspberry
  • Studiog "circles" image stamped numerous times (without re-inking) in the picked raspberry
  • Circle die used to cut a circle that "almost" fit the image, run through the big shot in a "Swiss dot" embossing folder and then glued on to the base card
  • Paper Artsy "glamour girl" image stamped on to an off cut of white card using Brilliance purple ink before applying a pan pastel metallic (pewter) and buffing to a sheen before setting with hairspray and cutting out. The image panel was attached to the Swiss dot circle using dimensional foam adhesive
 Oops - alright, own up, who noticed my sentiment was on the wonk? Everyone but me huh!?!?! Here's the "correction"

 
 
Di, over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop has launched her new snippets challenge which, as always, is to use up some of those pesky little leftover bits of card (snippets). See the snippets ...


 
 
The folks at Pan Pastels new challenge is "Anything goes" for the general theme but, if you really want to adhere to the them set to their own Design Team then it's "Use metallic pan pastels" - I only have four of those metallic pots of gorgeousness but, just maybe .....here's a close up of the glorious sheen on those pan pastel metallic ....


 
 
And then, of course, there is the challenge over at Simply Less Is More where they offer up a CAS sketch and this week's IS a doozy ....
 
 

Don't believe me about the rain and hail? I completely understand ...




Have a good Sunday and, if you have to go out, do take care - yesterday saw gusty winds of up to 60mph and today we're forecast for more of the same!! A perfect excuse to stay in and craft - if you ask me!

15 comments:

SARN said...

No hail . . . just more of the wet kind of sunshine . . . I prefer the dry kind personally! I did I say sunshine? Forgive me . . . I've forgotten what that fiery ball in the sky looks like!

I really like your snippets card - great take on the sketch. You've given me an idea for a couple of stamps I have barely used! Thanks. xxx

Di said...

Great card Kathy - as always. It's perfect for the LIM sketch and also it's great to see you in the Playground.

Yup, it's very wet out there today, sigh. PLUS, we had freak winds late yesterday afternoon. Thankfully the Playground fence is already demolished by previous storms anyhow but a neighbour's fence panels took off to join them! They're currently having a party :) When will it stop?!

Hugs, Di xx

Tracy said...

Hi Kathy, love your card and yes I can see the beauty of the metallics shinning through!
Thank you so much for joining us over at Premium Craft Bran Challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox
pssst
it`s piddling down here too and fed up with it!

Squirrel x said...

Yep, rain rain and more rain, just for a change, more rain. Brilliant card hun. Hugs xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

OMG, I HATE Mother Nature sometimes. It's so unfair that you are drowning there and we are dying of thirst over here!

Kathy, your card doesn't really fit all the challenges. It NAILS all the challenges!!

Enjoy the excuse the rain gives you to stay indoors and make art! And if you can, send some of that rain over here! Hugs, Darnell

Debs M said...

great sketch, fabby card - rain and sleet....oh joy x

Chrissie said...

This looks a really trendy one Kathy!
The weather at present leaves me speechless!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mrs A. said...

Nature's no Mother of mine! I hate all this wind and rain. Taken your advice and holed up in the craft pod. Gotta finish making some stuff that should have been posted out ages ago.
I love that shimmer on your card from the pan pastels. Great use of those pesky snippets too. hugs Mrs A.

Hettie said...

Followed your advice today and played in my Craft Room. I will reveal all once I can get some daylight photos of my makes.
Great card here. What wonk? I see no wonk - just going with the flow kinda stamping!!
Hugs
xx

Anne said...

A lovely entry, the stamped border is fab, love all that overstamping.

Thanks so much for another fab entry for LIM

Anne
GD LIM

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You mean water (and rocks) fall from the sky where you are at? What an interesting concept. I've heard of that 'rain' stuff you mention. LOL! I'm sorry you are being deluged right now. That's a fun card and there are those tiny dots again.

massofhair said...

Beautiful CAS card, fantastic colours and love the Metallic Pan Pastels over your image.

Stunning card :-) xxx

Claire said...

Raining too here Kathy, hope we get some sunshine soon. Your card is fab, love the CAS look and great use of your snippets too. Thanks for joining us at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel Challenge this week
Claire xx

scrappymo! said...

That is a fab dotted stamp. Love the random pattern.
Great card!

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card Kathy, and what fabulous colours you've used.

luv
wynneth
x