Thursday, 30 January 2014

Thursday and it's downhill to the weekend!!

Wotcher peeps,
 
How is your Thursday starting off? I'm off to the hairdresser in a bit, having a colour applied and I just know that SOME of you will know what colour it's going to be too! There may be a photo tomorrow so please don't mistake it for the Friday Funny!!!
 
Yesterday I shared just about the WORLD'S messiest desk and said that I PLANNED to clear it - and I DID ..... well, as much as I could bearing in mind that storage is at a premium in my craft area!!
 
 
 
There will be some of you who think this still isn't overly tidy so let me just share what it started yesterday looking like ...... improvement?
 
 
 
 
I also received some polymer gorgeousness from Shery at Stamplorations in California yesterday - in just five days, who would believe she's over 5000 miles away from me!
 
 
 
 
Needless to say, I really had to crack the seal on both sets ..... and I loved the design I woke up with in my head yesterday so had to give it a go as a Christmas card - rocks huh?!?
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of white card cut to fit an offcut of red card!!!
  • Stamplorations sentiment holder stamped, directly on to the base card, using Adirondack red pepper ink and then their sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Kaisercraft "bubblewrap" image stamped randomly using Brilliance rocket red gold ink
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" stamped randomly using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Visible Image "splatter" image stamped randomly using Adirondack cranberry ink
  • On the white off cut panel I "scribbled" Imagination crafts mica paints (mixed with their blending solution) red - it dries to a super soft pearly sheen
  • Stamplorations tree image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
 
Clare set the Rudolph Day challenge over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required to enter) of Circles, spots and dots .... I think this fits the bill, don't you? And over at Cute Card Thursday their new challenge is: "Something NEW" and three new images were used in the making of the above card so I'm hoping that it will qualify over there too! Because I've used some NEW stash I'm going to enter this over at Addicted to CAS where their challenge is: "NEW". Over at Scribble and Scrap the challenge is: "Anything goes" so I shall be entering my card there too
 
Happy Thursday

8 comments:

clare said...

that was great service on those stamps and glad you were able to ink them up!

SARN said...

It definitely fits the bill Kathy. Wahoo . . . you had to play with your new stuff on your nice and tidy desk didn't you!? xxx

Di said...

Way to go - opening up and playing right away is soooooo sensible :) Love the result too - AND also the impressively clean and tidy desk Kathy :)

Hugs, Di xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the splats blobs and spots Kathy - you will soon have enough cards for Christmas at this rate.

Lexie said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Kathy love your fun and funky card love the splatters. Seems like the clean desk did the trick. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

marie

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fun, funky and fabulous - love the splashes and splatters!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS - Sylvia.

My name is Wynneth said...

Call that a messy desk ? nah.. you should see mine LOL My stash is in the 'getting worse before getting better' stage during my mega clear out and clear up marathon. I am making headway at last, although I keep getting side tracked when I find stuff I'd forgotten I have !

That really was impressive service getting your stamps to you so fast Kathy. I can understand why you HAD to have these beauties.

Love, love, love your technique on your Christmas card, it works so well. Maybe once I've cleared my workdesk I'll be inspired to creat something as good as this LOL

luv
wynneth
x