Thursday, 16 January 2014

Thursday chatter ....

Morning peeps,

Sadly, no sunshine this morning, just dull, grey and positively DANK - bet those with dogs are hoping for some improvement - and soon!!! One of our neighbours has five or six dogs right now and I don't mind betting they get through a lot of towels at the moment!
 
Mojo's been in overdrive - must be the weather!!! I decided that, since I had run out of ATC's I should employ my time making some of the little business card sized little beauties. I made a number of cards and ATC's on Wednesday and Thursday but thought that I couldn't possibly put them all in one post so, here's another bunch!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks in mustard seed and faded jeans "swiped" across ATC
  • Kaisercraft "chequer" image stamped using faded jeans
  • Kaisercraft "edged" image stamped using faded jeans
  • Creative Expressions image and sentiment from the "Anything's possible" set stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And here's another, slightly messier version but I'm loving the colours ..
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade "swiped" over the ATC ( love this technique as it's just so blooming quick)
  • Paper Artsy mini (a gift from my Secret Santa - thanks Santa) stamped using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • Kaisercraft "edges" stamped using Distress Ink in peacock feathers
  • Tim Holtz sentiment and Penny Black image (from the Allegra set of clear stamps) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I'm debating highlighting with stardust stickles .... what do you think? To stickle or not to stickle?
 
Edited at 10:10 to add this challenge card, since I only had one comment all who subsequently read will see this challenge card too - better than a second post!
 
There's a new challenge over at CAS Colours and sketches today and it's the turn of a colour challenge.
 
 
 
And here's the card I made using the closest colours I have in my collection.




Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Tan card (closest to crumb cake) for matting
  • White card off cut - for image panel
  • Distress Ink in pumice stone "swiped" across white card panel
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry used to stamp the Kaisercraft "chequer" image
  • Memento grape jelly used to stamp the Visible Image "splatter" , the Kaisercraft sentiment and the Penny Black "Iris" image (from their Allegro set)

Hope the peeps over at CAS Colours and Sketches will approve of my substitute colours.

Have a fab Thursday, there may be another post from me as I'm still in overdrive, watch this space!

11 comments:

SARN said...

Two terrific ATCs here Kathy x

Lesley Thomas said...

Prefer the second card to the first, but I expect that's because I am female! Love your challenge card too.

scrappyjacky said...

We actually do have sunshine today!!
Love that floral ATC.

serendipity said...

Brilliant ATCs. That's a gorgeous iris stamp (if it is an iris, I'm not too good on flowers!)

clare said...

Great makes kathy. I really love the the second ATC. X

Debs M said...

great atc's and I love the colour combo on the card x

MaryH said...

Kathy, I'm so glad you had such MoJo and channeled it into such beauties. Love the backgrounds & textures on these - and the stamps are fab! Hope you get some sunshine soon. We've had several days of sun, and it always uplifts my morale. Thought your flower ATC was great the way it showed on my monitor. Enlarged, but couldn't decide if you had added the stickles. TFS & hugs. Good luck on the looming goal!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Kathy - love your card for CC&S this week - great use of the colours - thanks for playing along - Jacqueline xx

Karen Haman said...

Wonderful card! Love the way you used the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Patricia H. said...

The flower on your challenge card is very pretty against the harlequin print! I'm glad you joined us this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

Lizy Bartaby said...

These are wonderful Kathy! I particularly love the softness of you last one!
Thanks for joining us at CAS - Colours and Sketches this week!
Lizy xx