Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Tuesday and I wonder what today's weather will bring!

Morning all,

It's kind of a rhetorical question because ..... Tuesday's brought ..... MORE RAIN!! SURPRISED? Me either!!!

Oh dear, this has turned in to a rather photo heavy post - it's pretty obvious to me that Mr Mojo is alive and well, and on a bit of a Christmas-fest!!!

I've been trying not to post every day but, with the hyperactive mojo - if this post is photo heavy - imagine if I'd left it till tomorrow!!! Actually, I blame the weather, if it was sunny and dry I'd probably have been out at the weekend or yesterday and there wouldn't be half so much to share with you all.
 
I KNOW it's really too early to be thinking about Christmas! Heaven knows it was only a month ago but, if you are like me and had to make loads in November, you might want to consider making a regular amount each month ..... I reckoned that I needed to make eight each month to ensure I had enough. Guess what? Didn't make a single one in January till Clare set the Rudolph Day challenge!! Thought I should get a wiggle on if I was ever going to get back on track ... I am still crazy obsessed with my Kaisers and I revisited a fave make of 2013, just with different background images to fit the challenge - check out today's circles, spots and dots make.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 5½ x 13½cm panel of white card (x2 as I duplicated this design for the inside of the card)
  • 6 x 14cm panel of black card (x2 as I duplicated this design for the inside of the card)
  • Kaisercraft "bubble wrap" image stamped on to white card panel using Versamark ink
  • Pan Pastel in permanent red applied with a soft tool and then buffed with a paper towel before setting with hairspray
  • Hero Arts sentiment and Chocolate Baroque snowflake image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Here's a close up - I hope you will be able to see the tiny dots better in this one. You can see that I have circles and dots .... even the snowflake has a circle in the centre!
 
 
 
I plan on entering the above in the Rudolph Day challenge over on CB2½ (registration required). Want to see the design I revisited? I LOVED this one and it was using such a non Christmas-y Kaiser (it was called GRAFFITI) - obviously, I needed to make it slightly different to make it worth doing but ....


Un-Christmas-y image Christmas card! photo DSC05211Xmascard_zps87311e4a.jpg
I revisited this design because I LOVED it!!!

Having revisited the above card ..... I couldn't NOT use the fab graffiti image .... just once more now, could I? This COULD be my third entry over at Simply Less Is More as it does (more or less) conform to their sketch, although I strongly suspect it was for the LIM challenge that I made the original card and ..... all I've changed is the colour and sentiment, so, perhaps not! It WILL, however, fit with the current Addicted to Stamps challenge which is: "CAS". CAS is definitely a great way to go with Christmas cards, you know how expensive mailing the highly embellished, multi layered cards can be ..... I just sent a birthday card to the U.S. and it cost me £2.88 to post!!! YIKES!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Grey linen effect card and Navy ribbed card, for matting on the card outer and inside
  • Off cuts of white card cut to fit the Kaisercraft images
  • Kaisercraft "Graffiti" image stamped on to the white card using Versamark ink and then pan pastels (a combination of ultramarine and turquoise shade) applied with a soft tool
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
  • Chocolate Baroque "snowflake" and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

As usual, I've carried the design across the inside of the card and both the front and back of the envelop so here's how the envelope turned out



I made the one below with this challenge in mind (the theme being "Circles, spots and dots") but I just couldn't take to it, even though there's nothing actually wrong with it - it just doesn't flow, IMHO. I used polka dots and a circle punch too ... nice - but no cigar, as they say!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Tall thin cream card blank and matching sized envelope
  • DCWV "winter stack" papers in red and red/white
  • Martha Stewart PATP edging punch
  • White card offcut
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to white card offcut using Versafine onyx black ink
  • ? Christmas tree stamped directly on to base card using Adirondack bottle green ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the tree
That's three more made and I think it's safe to say that I'm well on my way to catching up with my January "quota" of Christmas cards - don't you?

Last night I was at dog training with my pal (and, of course, her pooch - Mally) from my school days (that's the pal, not the dog! in case you were wondering!!!)  and this morning sees me heading out to meet another pal from my schooldays, for coffee and a bit of a catch up. Having spoken to them both in quick succession I'm HOPING we can reschedule our evening out, postponed from just before Christmas due to illness.
 
Have a fab Tuesday, hope the weather is decent where you are and that, if you've been badly affected by the quirky weather, things are easing for you.

9 comments:

SARN said...

The weather down South is PANTS, quite frankly.

So it was a pleasure to see your wonderful Christmas cards. Okay, okay, I am adding that tiny dots Kaisercraft stamp to my wish list . . . you've convinced me I NEED it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

I think you are amazing, doing C cards this time of year, but they are working well (even the one you aren't so keen on. Dry so far here, but I don't suppose it will last long.

scrappyjacky said...

Rain here as well!!
Love those first two christmas cards.

Darnell J Knauss said...

The rate you are going, you are going to leap from being someone who inspires me to keep up with my Christmas card makes or someone I hate because you are so far ahead of me in making your 2014 stash!!

All kidding aside, Kathy, they are all really wonderful CAS designs, well-executed! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

Hayley Kew said...

What a lovely collection you have here!!! Glad to have you share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

cheryl Baker said...

Oh hun these are brilliant christmas cards, the designs and super love hugs cheryl xx

Debs M said...

you will have enough for 2015 at this rate! x

Brenda Brown said...

You're having great fun with your stamping and creating some lovely cards. Keep Mr Mojo fed so he doesn't get tired. xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh I love your Christmas cards Kathy, but especially those using your fabby Kaisercraft stamps.

You are doing really well to get so many made nice and early.

luv
wynneth
x