Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Tuesday - and a post on a day I don't usually!!!

Morning peeps,

I know I'm out of the habit of posting on Tuesday but I had a bit of a craft-y day yesterday so thought I would. Recent readers will (no doubt) remember me telling them that I discovered a "forgotten" stash of coloured card blanks and I set about using some of them - here are my makes ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Papyrus rust coloured C6 card blank and matching envelope
  • Chocolate and Kraft card for matting and layering
  • Kaisercraft "chevron" and Visible Image "splat" images stamped using Distress Ink in tea dye
  • Close to my Heart number image stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Art Impressions M-2068 "ink and quill" image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Memento rhubarb stalk ink used to give an "edge" to the kraft panel
 
As usual, my design was carried across the insert and the front and back of the envelope too. There goes another of those coloured card blanks .... only about another "squillion" to go!!!! And here's another one ...
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" dark blue card blank and matching sized (white) envelope
  • Silver mirri card, grey pearlised card, grey card, navy offcuts, white card off cuts
  • JOFY mini sailboat image stamped on to one of the offcuts of white card using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Martha Stewart edge punch to one side of on of the navy card offcuts
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped on to white off cut of card using Memento Paris dusk ink and then mounted on to another off cut of navy card
 
This card uses a fair few Snippets (or offcuts) so I'll be entering it for the snippets challenge over at Pixies crafty workshop. Again the design was carried across the inside and both the front and back of the envelope, I like how this seems to pull it all together and I would like to think the recipient enjoys it too.

Have a great Tuesday


8 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy. Great cards, Love the use of coloured card stock, I Use it the same way, Give you a colour without extra card.

Hugs Lilian

Squirrel x said...

Don't you love it when you find forgotten stash? I re-discovered heaps of DPs at the weekend! Loving your cards hun, these are really stylish and classy. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Mmm, I love BOTH cards, but slightly veering towards the first one as my fave.

You could always use the coloured card blanks for die cutting or for matting and layering . . . because you'd STILL be using them up by doing that! Just a thought!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Nice to see you here on a Tuesday! How good is it to find stash you had forgotten. Well done

Di said...

Hi Kathy - welcome again! to the Playground. I adore both cards - but the really cheerful snippets one did brighten my day. Sigh, I do so love those JOFY stamps - you're a bad influence :))

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

great cards - love the kraft/red colour combo x

Deepti said...

Great card :) great that ur found those colored card bases, we got a treat of some beautiful cards :)

Brenda Brown said...

Great cards Kathy, love the first one particularly.
hugs {brenda} x0x