Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi there readers,

Last week I received my latest challenge from my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and made my "Let it snow" ATC (with apologies to those who thought it was tempting fate!). Turns out it wasn't a jinx and we've not had any snow - phewwwww!!! In turn I have to make an ATC and duplicate the materials, which I send to Pam as her challenge ......

So, here are the materials I am sending her ..... I took the idea from the iconic camper van which is just going out of production after a VERY (very) long time!!!

Torn out section of a map book, ATC blank, KanBan camper van and "registration" plate

Want to see what mine turned in to?


In a kind of classic colourway too!


And the MOST appropriate background image!

Materials used:

  • ATC blank
  • Torn section of a map book - mine just happened to have John O'Groats on it!
  • Distress Ink in weathered wood swiped across the map page
  • Kaisercraft "Chequers" image stamped in the weathered wood ink
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped in Distress Ink tumbled glass
  • Kaisercraft "Retro" image stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink - it just seemed perfect with its camper vans !!!
  • KanBan camper van image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured using alcohol markers, I then close cut out the image before gluing on to my background
  • KanBan (registration plate GR8 GUY) stamped in place using Marvy le plume pen (to allow me to fit it in the licence plate gap - it has a larger border round the letters and would otherwise need stamping, cutting out and overlaying)
  • Glossy Accents to simulate the vehicles glass

You can see the stamped and map detail a bit better on this close up

Don't know about you but I'm already curious to know what Pam will make of this challenge.

As I've used snippets of card and a piece ripped from a map book I'm going to enter this over at Pixies Crafty blog where Di hosts a "snippets" challenge.

And, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .... here's another unusual angle of my work space ......

 

Have a great Wednesday

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. Happy Wednesday. fab ATC and a great selection of materials there. I think your swap buddy will have lots of fun with that little lot.

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've made....I'm sure she'll enjoy this one.

Lesley Thomas said...

Good morning, love that background stamp Kathy - very effective.

Di said...

Ooooh Kathy, this is perfect! I always wanted a camper van - too late now I guess, sigh.

Thanks for coming to play!

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

great swap materials -love your make and the arty shot! x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I feel a Pixie highlight in your future, Kathy! This was a totally awesome post and wonderful creativity!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

A bit late coming round, but I loved this van! We never owned a van, but we did have a couple of VW bugs. Cute little runarounds, and cheap on gas too! Loved your take on the challenge, and those were such wonderful choices for your colors. This challenge swap sounds intimidating to me, but you have lots more imagination that I, you did a super job. TFS &Hugs

scrappymo! said...

This is a great card The camper van is fab and that background stamp is perfect!

Brenda said...

Fun card! I love that camper and it looks great with that background stamp!

Irene said...

A brilliant card Kathy, I so love Camper Vans.
luv
irene
xxxx