Friday, 3 January 2014

Welcome to the FIRST Friday Funny of 2014!!

Morning all,

How are you enjoying the new year so far?

I have to say that the weather has been decidedly dodgy of late and I shall be rust stained soon!!! Today I have not one but two funerals to attend so I'm kind of hoping the rain will let up long enough.

I have a question for you, dear readers ...... I started making a card from an idea for a collage panel which would deploy some NBUS (that's Never Before Used Stash to the uninitiated - thanks for coining that, Darnell) but I felt it needed something .... you know how these things can get away from you. My question is: WHICH VERSION DO YOU PREFER? No, honestly, I'd LOVE to know - I really like the one with all three on but I also really like the collage and sentiment only - I wonder if the version with all three elements on is too busy - hence my throwing the question out to canvas opinion ........

Version ONE - collage and masculine image panel

Version TWO, with the addition of a co-ordinated sentiment panel

Version THREE, the collage and co-ordinating sentiment panel
 
I hope you will leave me a comment numbering your favourite so that I can finish the card. In the meantime here's the materials list - it's a bit of a biggie .....
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting and layering
Collage and sentiment panels:
  • Kaisercraft alphabet image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisergraft grid image stamped using Memento pear tart ink
  • Inkylicious splatter image stamped using Memento dandelion ink
  • Kaisercraft postal image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
Additionally to the sentiment panel only
  • Stampers Anonymous frame stamped in Memento London fog ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped in Versafine onyx black ink
Masculine Image panel:
  • Stampers Anonymous image from the Time Traveller set stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Tea Dye - applied using a water brush
  • Distress Inks: Weathered Wood and Black Soot applied around the image panel using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
 
And now it's time to reveal the winner of the Friday Funny draw for 2013 ..... I used a random number generator ...... I've NEVER yet managed to work out how to insert the "evidence" on-line cleanly ... I ended up photographing this one hence the grid lines. Ah well, at least you know I did! Number four is Pat G and I will be packing up a little giftie some time very soon
 
 
 
And we're kicking off 2014's Friday Funnys with one from Jacky - thanks mate, you're first in the 2014 draw!



 
 
 
THE TOILET SEAT
 
My wife, Jacs, had been after me for several weeks to paint the seat on our toilet. Finally, I got around to doing it while she was out. After finishing, I left to take care of another matter before she returned.
 
She came in and undressed to take a shower. Before getting in the shower, she sat on the toilet. As she tried to stand up, she realised that the not-quite-dry clear epoxy paint had glued her to the toilet seat.
 
About that time, I got home and realised her predicament.
 
We both pushed and pulled without any success whatsoever.
 
Finally, in desperation, I undid the toilet seat bolts.
 
Jan wrapped a sheet around herself and I drove her to the hospital emergency room.
 
The ER Doctor got her into a position where he could study how to free her (Try to get a mental picture of this.).
 
Jan tried to lighten the embarrassment of it all by saying,
 
"Well, Doctor, I'll bet you've never seen anything like this before."
 
The Doctor replied, "Actually, I've seen lots of them...... I just never saw one mounted and framed before!!!!"


Anyone who saw the "Mrs Browns Boys" New Years Eve Special will relate to this funny methinks!!! Poor Dino! I'll leave you all with that image in your head ...... Happy Friday

11 comments:

Squirrel x said...

HNY to you hun. I will keep my fingers crossed that the rain holds off for you today (we have rather a lot here at the moment). Love the joke too. As for the card option, hmmmmm, on balance I think Option 2 is my fave. Hugs xx

SARN (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy . .. well, if I HADN'T seen the middle card I would've said the top card was fine. But I think (by a smidge) I prefer the middle one.

The bottom card . . . looks like it has something missing (as I've seen the 2 above it!).

Well, you DID ask!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

It's the middle one for me too Kathy. Giggled at today's funny, though I'd hate it if it happened to me.

Sue - said...

I agree with Sarn. The middle one is the best!

Viv's Visuals said...

BOTTOM one for me........ the card I mean......LOL x

Natali said...

I love all cards. They all give different feel. My fav is the first. If use sentiment (like on second) I guess it can be turn a bit.. no straight.. Just my opinion )))
Happy New Year Kathy!!!
Hugs,
Natali

Lilian said...

The middle card as well Kathy, It looks complete,

hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

my fave is the first - great ff. Hope the day went ok x

Lizy Bartaby said...

These are fab card ideas Kathy...I think I prefer the 2nd one :)
The funny is brilliant too! :)
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and happy new year! :)
Lizy xx

clare said...

...lol! Fan funny Friday. Version two for me. X

Brenda Brown said...

Definitely the middle card for me and funny FF.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x