Friday, 17 January 2014

Welcome to the Friday Funny post ......

Morning readers,

How are you all today? I feel a bit brighter today as we had about half a day of sunshine earlier this week - FANTASTIC, you don't realise how much you miss it, do you? I'm fed up of spending half of my day with lights on!
 
I recently succumbed to ordering a stamp set from eBay and I duly received my delivery in double quick time. I ripped open the packaging and was horrified to see that the stamp set inside was NOT the one ordered. HOWEVER, also enclosed was an explanation, the seller had posted the wrong stamp set on-line and did not actually have it in stock, the incorrect set was being sent as an apology whilst the correct set was ordered ready to dispatch to me shortly. I'll let you know if and when this happens but I'm hopeful .... in the meantime, the replacement set (whilst not as cool as the original set) IS eminently appropriate for a young male teen ..... check out today's makes below ......



Materials used:
  • Dark grey C6 card blank and matching envelope (as part of my de-clutter of coloured card blanks)
  • Silver grey panel slightly smaller
  • 13½ x 9½cm white card panel (cut twice to carry across the design to the inside of the card)
  • Distress Ink in tumbled glass and weathered wood "swiped" across the card - but not all the way
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped using the weather wood ink
  • Kaisercraft "chequer" image, stamped using the tumbled glass ink
  • Creative Expressions skateboarder stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Creative Expressions sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink

Simple and straightforward, using more masculine colours .... if I re-make it I might use faded jeans instead of the tumbled glass though - what's your opinion, readers?

On a roll, I switched to an ATC in the same design - due to a spate of ATC swaps arriving I placed my very last two in to an envelope earlier this week and was left with NONE in stock (first time in YEARS methinks) so I'd best get cracking on some more! .......
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank, semi gloss finish
  • Distress Ink, iced spruce "swiped" across the ATC and then used to stamp the Kaisercraft "fence" image
  • Recollections splatter image stamped using Memento pear tart
  • Creative Expressions skateboarder image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Creative Expressions sentiment stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
 
This is the set I ordered and wanted - and still do want ....

SALE! CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS U-MOUNT A5 STAMP SET - URBAN BEATS BY SAM ...

And this is the set I now have - it's pretty cool but I still want the first set so I'm hoping the e-seller will soon come up with the goods.

Creative Expressions A5 Unmounted stamp set - Anything is Possible ...


And now for the Friday Funny, I enjoy posting these as much as some of you seem to enjoy reading them and I hope that this week's will be no different. This week's funny comes courtesy of Marsha. You're in the 2014 draw then, Marsha. This one came to me as an e-mail entitled "PRICELESS" ......
 
 
A LITTLE THREE YEAR OLD BOY IS SITTING ON THE TOILET.


HIS MOTHER THINKS HE HAS BEEN IN THERE TOO LONG, SO SHE GOES IN TO SEE WHAT'S UP.


THE LITTLE BOY IS SITTING ON THE TOILET READING A BOOK.


BUT ABOUT EVERY 10 SECONDS OR SO HE PUTS THE BOOK DOWN, GRIPS ONTO THE TOILET SEAT WITH HIS LEFT HAND AND HITS HIMSELF ON TOP OF THE HEAD WITH HIS RIGHT HAND.

HIS MOTHER SAYS: "BILLY, ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? YOU'VE BEEN IN HERE FOR A WHILE".

BILLY SAYS: "I'M FINE, MUMMY... I JUST HAVEN'T DONE IT YET. "

MOTHER SAYS: "OK, YOU CAN STAY HERE A FEW MORE MINUTES.


BUT, BILLY, WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF ON THE HEAD?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Keep going
.
.
.
.
.

BILLY SAYS: "IT WORKS ON THE TOMATO SAUCE BOTTLE!"

 
 
Have a great Friday and a fab weekend peeps


3 comments:

SARN said...

Well you've made nice things with the alternative stamp set. Us crafters are good people in my experience, so I think you'll get the set that you want.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Cute funny Kathy. Irritating that you didn't get your first choice of stamp sets, but if you end up with both, that could be a bonus.
PS, the sun is shining here this morning, but no apparent heat in it. Roll on Spring.

Deepti said...

Kathy, that Friday Funny post is so very funny n enjoyable, I am laughing out loud. I love ur card and how sweet is ebay to send u an apology stamp. I have never bought from ebay... glad to know we can buy from there to. Thank you :)