I have a challenge card to share with you today, it's a challenge that I've not entered before and, in fact, I'd never heard of them before yesterday ..... it's all Sandie's fault ...... I was blog hopping and stopped by her blog (you should too, if you have the time ... see it here) and was blown away by a stamp set she was using ..... I followed her link and was lost, for a while, and I now have two sets of their awesome gorgeousness winging their way to me (from the U.S.) AND I checked out their blog and you can see what I was inspired to make following that little visit .......
- Coloured 5" x 7" card blank and matching sized envelope (as part of my exercise to use up some of my "overstocks"!!!
- Black card for matting
- White card for my image panel
- Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Recollections "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Versafine smokey grey
- Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey
- Double sided tape used to adhere the black and white check ribbon to the image panel (it had paws on it but so little showed that I just went with it!)
- Go Kreate scalloped square cut three times from off cuts of white card and mounted on grey card and cut close to the scallop edge
- Inkadinkado "guitar" image partially stamped three times using Versafine onyx black ink and then the panels were adhered to the card using dimensional foam tape
Aren't they fab? Rather than blaming Sandie I should really be THANKING her, shouldn't I? Oh, I HOPE they arrive soon as it's never too early to use new stash on Christmas cards!!!
On a non-craft front .... Wednesday afternoon saw me enjoying a cream tea at a local hotel, with a pal. Now this hotel's been in existence for a while but I had NO IDEA it was there ..... mind you, you turn down the side of a sports field and hit a "Private Road" notice so you could be forgiven for finding it tricky to track down but, if you persevere and take the lane to its conclusion .....
|Not shown in the best light as it was such a dull and dank day|
|Quaint lounge, Sylvester came along and lit the fire shortly after I took this|
|Our cream tea .... and, no, we did NOT finish all those scones though we did have a second pot of tea|