Friday, 24 January 2014

Welcome to the Friday Funny

Morning
 
Hope you are all having a cool Friday and have some splendid plans for the weekend.
 
Wishing my friend, Andrea, a very happy birthday today - hope it's a good one matey ... see you next week.

This post is a little picture heavy so, if you have a moment you might want to pull up a chair, grab a coffee and then read on ............

I have a challenge card to share with you today, it's a challenge that I've not entered before and, in fact, I'd never heard of them before yesterday ..... it's all Sandie's fault ...... I was blog hopping and stopped by her blog (you should too, if you have the time ... see it here) and was blown away by a stamp set she was using ..... I followed her link and was lost, for a while,  and I now have two sets of their awesome gorgeousness winging their way to me (from the U.S.) AND I checked out their blog and you can see what I was inspired to make following that little visit  .......
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • Coloured 5" x 7" card blank and matching sized envelope (as part of my exercise to use up some of my "overstocks"!!!
  • Black card for matting
  • White card for my image panel
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Versafine smokey grey
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey
  • Double sided tape used to adhere the black and white check ribbon to the image panel (it had paws on it but so little showed that I just went with it!)
  • Go Kreate scalloped square cut three times from off cuts of white card and mounted on grey card and cut close to the scallop edge
  • Inkadinkado "guitar" image partially stamped three times using Versafine onyx black ink and then the panels were adhered to the card using dimensional foam tape

As usual, my design is duplicated on the inside - here's how the envelope looks too
 
 
 
 
And here's their original sketch, neat huh?
 
 
What have I ordered? Well, it CAN'T be because I NEED more stamps but I could NOT resist either of these


 


Aren't they fab? Rather than blaming Sandie I should really be THANKING her, shouldn't I? Oh, I HOPE they arrive soon as it's never too early to use new stash on Christmas cards!!!

On a non-craft front .... Wednesday afternoon saw me enjoying a cream tea at a local hotel, with a pal. Now this hotel's been in existence for a while but I had NO IDEA it was there ..... mind you, you turn down the side of a sports field and hit a "Private Road" notice so you could be forgiven for finding it tricky to track down but, if you persevere and take the lane to its conclusion .....
 
 
Not shown in the best light as it was such a dull and dank day

Quaint lounge, Sylvester came along and lit the fire shortly after I took this

Our cream tea .... and, no, we did NOT finish all those scones though we did have a second pot of tea
 
 
And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by ... my pal, Sandra T - ENJOY ....
 
TWO PRAWNS
 
Far away in the tropical waters of the Coral Sea, two prawns were swimming around.
 
One called Justin and the other called Christian.
 
The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area.
 
Finally one day Justin said to Christian, 'I'm fed up with being a prawn;
I wish I was a shark, and then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten.'
 
A large mysterious cod appeared and said, 'Your wish is granted'
Lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
 
Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.
 
Time passed (as it does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely.
 
All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them.
 
Justin began to realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.
 
While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn.
 
He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.
 
With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail.
 
(The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).
 
Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal.'Where's Christian?' he asked.
 
'He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark', came the reply.
 
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode.
 
As he opened the coral gate, memories came flooding back.
 
He banged on the door and shouted, 'It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again.'
 
Christian replied, 'No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner.'
 
Justin cried back 'No, I'm not.
That was the old me. I've changed.'.........
 
(You're going to love this................................)
 
.
.
.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
.
.
.
'I've found Cod.
I'm a Prawn again, Christian' (you may groan now!!!)
 
 
Have a great weekend folks!!!!! Go on, own up - you ARE chuckling .... aren't you?


10 comments:

SARN said...

OH.MY.CODDDDD! That was a brilliantly awful FF Kathy! I confess to groaning inwardly, but I love those kind of jokes!

Like the look of your 2 new stamp sets and absolutely ADORE the Rock Guitar card. Superb work.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Kathy and looks like you had a great cream tea. Have a good weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lesley Thomas said...

Yes, I was def. chuckling! LOL.
I was a bit mystified that you enthused so much about the Christmas stamps, I can't get excited about that this time of year. Love your challenge effort though, so I hope you win!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card and envelope.

Viv's Visuals said...

GROAN GROAN AND THRICE GROAN!!!!!!!! Prawn again Christian???????!!!!!
(Don't give up your day job... LOL) Fab card tho Kathy - awesome stamps and the envie looks amazing! have a great weekend.

clare said...

Fab cards, fab photos and soon to be new stash! Giggle to the fun Friday as well!

Debs M said...

Fabby card..great new stamps too!! groan at the ff........x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, dear Cod, I did NOT know where this one was swimming, too!! Love your rocking card and envelope, Kathy, and can't blame you a bit for wanting those goodies!!

Have a wonderful weekend! (Thanks for sharing the building/tea photos!) Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia W said...

Wow - you ROCKED this challenge - I have that stamp set too, but you elevated to a new level - your envelope is awesome, too! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations, I hope see you there again soon. Hugs, Cornelia DT

Nonni said...

Hi Kathy, your card totally rocks, I love the masculine look and all the small touches. Great job! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!