Sunday, 12 January 2014

Welcome to a sunny Sunday morning!!! Woo Hoo! Makes a change from rain!

Morning all,

Sunny again this morning (I could get used to this!) but oh, so cold!! All the cars are looking white out there - I'm glad it wasn't this bad yesterday as it would have taken quite a while to defrost yesterday and I was in a hurry to get off and shopping!

If you dropped by this blog yesterday then you will have seen the materials my trading card swap buddy recently sent me and you may even be curious to see how it ended up ......




Materials used:

  • Offcut of white card (to which I adhered the slightly flimsy image before colouring and cutting out
  • ATC blank to which I adhered the magazine page
  • Low tack tape used to hold my TCW snowflake stencil in place whilst I applied diamond sparkle medium with a spatula
  • Alcohol markers to colour my image
  • Penny Black clear sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, cut out and then edged with Brilliance lavender which looks blue in many lights, particularly this time of year!!!

A bit of a close up of the sparkle medium

Now all I have to do is to make an ATC and duplicate the materials, in readiness to return to Pam with the above ATC, now it's finished.

Of course, I'm a bit behind this weekend because, yesterday, I headed to Swindon and met up with a crafting pal (Debs) at Snazzy's. We had a nice chat with Val, the owner, whilst shopping - she kindly made us a cuppa to sustain us whilst browsing her fine store!!! And then she even gave us her lunch recommendation!! Debs and I both enjoyed our choice of baguette though the menu had considerably more variety on it as well as a good range of "specials". We went our separate ways, once I'd returned Debs to her car, and I headed home via the surrogates as hubby has been sorting out their new broadband router! That was another cuppa and more chat!!! By the time I got home it was time to crack on with the laundry and not a lot of crafting got done till later! Still, I DID get a nice lot of new stash ..... everyone LOVES new stash now, don't they?




Still, I HAVE managed the dreaded ONE LAYER CARD for the
Simply Less is More challenge .... this week's theme is: HEARTS - very appropriate in the crafting calendar with Valentines Day approaching. I have, however, made my Valentines card for 2014 so I went with an anniversary card instead ..





Materials used:

  • Tall thin white card and matching sized envelope
  • Post Its to mask off
  • Distress Inks: tattered rose, Victorian velvet and worn lipstick - applied to masked off area using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
  • Kaisercraft "hessian" image (a newbie) stamped using the Victorian velvet ink
  • Printworks "paint splatter" stamped using worn lipstick ink
  • Hero Arts "heart" image stamped using Distress Ink in barn door - I stamped it several times without re-inking in between
  • Kaisercraft "film strip edges" image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink (another of the newbies - both the film edges and the ink!)

I carried across the heart and sentiment to the inside and the envelope .... decided to have a second attempt too .... and I actually think I like this one a little better - which do you prefer?



Materials used:

  • White tall thin card and matching sized envelope
  • Post Its to mask
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry "swiped" top to bottom on masked area
  • Printworks "paint splatter" image stamped using the picked raspberry ink
  • Kaisercraft "chequers" image stamped using the picked raspberry ink
  • Hero Arts heart image stamped multiple times using both the picked raspberry and barn door
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Stardust stickles used to outline the darker hearts

Again, the image and sentiment were carried across the inside and the envelope

Happy Sunday

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Both LIM cards are lovely but I think I'm with you and prefer the second one. Isn't it great to see the sun at long last.

Debs M said...

I like them both and thinking I should have bought the one with the film strip in! x

Di said...

Love them both Kathy! Really clever how you've managed to do a one layer card yet with such depth on the first one - which is probably my fave by a gnat's whisker :)

Happy Sunday - wasn't that sunshine amazing yesterday! Bring it ON I say.

Hugs, Di xx

SARN said...

You must have the WHOLE RANGE of Kaisercraft stamps now Kathy, surely?

Your one layer anniversary card is lovely.

Happy Sunday. xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I think that ATC is really pushing your luck!!

Kathyk said...

Sorry about that Jacky ... let's hope it just DOESN'T then!

Kathyk

Deepti Stephens said...

Hi kathy! All cards are beautiful.. Loved them.. :)

Brenda Brown said...

Great makes Kathy, love your ATC is it a sign of times to come lol? You had fun shopping for your new goodies looking forward to seeing what you make with them.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Katie Berberich said...

"Dreaded 1 layer card"? Well, you did yourself proud. It looks lovely.
Snazzy's, oh I remember Snazzy's! It sounds like fun was had by all once more.
Loving your new profile pic b.t.w.
Katie

Chrissie said...

The two one layer cards are just stunning Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"