Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning peeps,
 
Is it me or has blogger been having a bit of an epi this morning? This is no less than my fourth attempt to compose a post and, in between, I attempted to send feedback to the helpdesk ... ah well!
 
For the second consecutive day the sun is shining - now THIS I could get used to!
 
Just a simple ATC to share with you today, nothing fancy but I wanted to make something for a swap buddy which showcased the metallic pan pastels.
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Offcut of white card run through an embossing folder
  • Versamark embossing ink pressed (FIRMLY) all over the ATC (so it go in to the embossed grooves) before metallic pan pastels were applied with a Sofft tool and buffed to a shine. PP's used: bronze, bright gold, pewter and silver (actually all the colours I own!)
  • Cheap hairspray used to set the pan pastels though, having buffed them, it was hardly necessary
  • X-Cut fancy bookplate die used to cut the shame from an offcut of white card
  • Distress Ink in worn lipstick "swiped" across the panel and also used to ink the Kaisercraft grid stamp
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dimensional foam adhesive used to adhere my sentiment panel to the ATC
 
And now, since it's WOYWDW and my desk never seems to change much and STILL hasn't been tidied - I'm trying a photo from a different angle - hope you approve
 
 
 
My next project for today is to use some of the new stash which arrived (from Imagination) yesterday.
 
 
 
Have a fun Wednesday and, if (like me) you have sunshine then make the most of it!

4 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Yep, the sun is shining here too! I'm recycling my Christmas cards today, and feeling very virtuous about it.

clare said...

Enjoy your new stash! More sparkle medium...wink!

cheryl Baker said...

Well its pouring with rain here hun as always never stops, this is great hun super design hugs cheryl xx

Katie Berberich said...

The sun is shining here today also. We've still not had snow and it's almost mid January! Something is going on....
Your work desk always makes me wonder how you create what you do in such a tiny spot. Can you your desk? If I can't spread, mentally I can't do anything. A vicious fault of mine! I need space or I can't function.
Still, I love how your crafty spot is in the living area. Something I'd love. A quaint purplicious princess shrine you have there Kathy.
Katie