Don't want to sound overly optimistic but ............. it's NOT RAINING! Huzzah!
- ATC blank
- Kaisercraft "graffiti" image stamped using versamark ink and then pan pastel in phthalo green applied using a sofft tool, buffed with paper towel and then sealed with hairspray
- Kaisercraft "film edges" and "tiny dots" stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
- Hero Arts sentiment and Penny Black "Iris" (from the Allegro set of clear stamps) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
And over at CASology they've launched the PERFECT challenge for me ..... it's to make a CAS card with the theme of "PURPLE" - right up my street, I'd say! Must have another go at that later, in fact, I might have to have several attempts, you know me and my love of all things PURPLE!
Do you ever dream in craft? I woke up this morning with a definite idea for the CASology challenge in my head ..... and simply had to crack on with it!! THIS is my excuse for the terrible state of my desk further down this post, sorry, but I just had to make the card whilst the idea was fresh! Hope you all think it was worth the crafting carnage at the base of this post ... so, here's my entry for this challenge, or should I say my FIRST entry?!!
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Off cut of white card for the image panel
- Imagination Crafts solid mica "paint" mixed with blending solution and then "scribbled" on to my white card panel
- Penny Black "Iris" (from their Allegro set of clear stamps) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Black card for matting
- Kaisercraft "tiny dots" and "chequers" as well as Recollections "ink spots" partially stamped using Colour Box purple and Memento grape jelly inks to create a purple border around the image panel
And here's a closer view of the iridescent image panel and the palette used to produce it - you can just see the drips to indicate which shade I used ....
Yesterday morning saw me off out to coffee with a pal from my school days, it was lovely to catch up with her. It turned out to be quite a sociable day as, later in the day ..........
We went out to an Indian restaurant and it WASN'T Raj's!!!!!!!!!!! Promise you won't tell him .... Actually, it's an Indian/Thai restaurant - we don't have a half way decent Thai restaurant for 12 miles! It's so new that its web site is still under construction! It's normally a table for three that we book as we usually go with a friend, but this time our pal brought another friend with her ....... She proffered her credit card only to be told their credit card machine wasn't hooked up so - she had to borrow her "dinner money" - we suspect she might otherwise had been doing the washing up!!! AND I reckon she's a closet crafter as she appeared to have been under one of those glitter clouds we crafters are so familiar with ..... though she SAID it was her sparkly lippy - yeah, right! We had a very pleasant evening and here they are .... this was around the time Beverley was spotted by someone who knew her - on reflection perhaps we should have asked this person to take a pic of the four of us! Ah well, the benefit of hindsight!
|My mates Beverley and Barbie (of the twinkly lippy)!|
Have a great Wednesday everyone!