Friday, 31 January 2014

Woo Hoo!! The weekend starts here!

Morning everyone,
 
It's Friday and the weekend starts here!!! Me and a pal are supposed to be off to Swindon today, we're supposed to be lunching and shopping at Snazzy's but the weather forecast is for HEAVY rain - hmmmm. Shan't mind too much if it holds off till we're on our way - or better yet, till we're on our way home!!!
 
Either way, I shall be spending time with my friend, Sue, today so there won't be much crafting till tomorrow - when I HOPE to have new stash, weather and Snazzys permitting!
 
Just one card to share with you all today, it's a CAS (Clean And Simple) card and it's my second entry for the challenge over at CASology where the challenge is: PURPLE - it was made for me! I've made quite a few cards lately that all seem to feature stamped layers and, usually, splats of some description. Given the danger of falling in to this style as a bit of a rut .... I shook myself out of it this morning to share sharply contrasting layers and a clean design ..... one trick pony? Me? NEVER! It also fits with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge which is also purple
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • Purple C6 card blank and matching sized white envelope
  • Off cuts of card in black and hot pink
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped on the hot pink panel using Memento grape jelly ink
  • A6 piece of purple DCWV linen effect card, for matting my image panel
  • Penny Black "Iris" image from their Allegro stamp set, stamped on to a piece of white card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the iris
 
And, given that I was able to use another of my enormous stash of coloured card blanks .... here's how the inside looked
 
 
 
Additional materials used:
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry swiped top to bottom - to pick up on the "hot pink" panel from the front of the card, overstamped again with the Kaisercraft "tiny dots" using Memento grape jelly
  • Penny Black iris image and sentiment by Imagine That both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Those of you who saw my last red Christmas card may recall the splats and images used .... someoe suggested it might look good in green so, here it is - in green!
 
 
 
Materials used (more briefly than usual as you've already seen this card and read the list:
  • 15cm cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of green and white card
  • Colour wash of green mica paint/blending solution by Imagination Crafts
  • Images by  Kaisercraft and Stamploitations
  • Inks: Memento - pear tart and bamboo
  •          Versafine - onyx black
  •          Adirondack - bottle green
  •          Distress Inks - bundled sage and iced spruce
  • Stardust stickles
 
And now for the Friday Funny brought to us all this week courtesy of Lilian - thanks Lilian, you're in the draw! I've obviously had it a while though as it came to me in an e-mail entitled "Travel plans for 2013" - I've changed it in a couple of places .
 
My travel plans for 2014
 
 
I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
 
I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognises you there.
 
I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
 
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
 
I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
 
I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
 
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
 
One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart!  At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
 
I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there. (eeeuuuwww!!!)
 
................

You might want to adopt this rule for your everyday behaviour: "Life is short. Smile, while you still have your teeth!!!!."
 
And the hair? I was at the hairdressers yesterday - we didn't have enough to do the whole head (it was a tube of colour that I provided) so we went with highlights of colour all over ....

 photo DSC06177_zps0e5df771.jpg

  
And, of course, I couldn't resist having a play within photobucket and came up with this outrageous purple look

KK (Indiglow) photo 6b7586d8-2d19-4a6e-828c-e98854eb0dfe_zps7a30799b.jpg
What do you think? My next profile pic????
Of course, when I get home (with my inevitable NEW STASH) I might like to have a go at at the CASual Friday challenge which, this week, is: "OVER THE EDGE"!


Have a fab Friday and a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

LOVE the hair, what fabulous highlights, they really suit you. Great cards too, lots of purple eh?
Have a great weekend and enjoy your shopping xx

Squirrel x said...

Completely crackers missus, lol! LOVE the hair, I think the highlights are fabulous. Great cards too hun, the Iris is beautiful. Have a super day, rain or not, and enjoy the weekend. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Purplicious hair Honey!

Great cards too . . . I was wondering where the "real" Kathy was until I spied the Christmas card! Phew! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love your purple look....hair and photobucket!!
Enjoy your day.

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the cards and the 'do' Kathy, you are all set for the weekend.

Lauren Hatwell said...

oh YES!!! Those new crimbo stamps work SO WELL with your fab technique.. Love, love, LOVE IT!!!

The iris card is absolutely glorious and the colours you've used go perfectly.

Spiffing purple barnet...its SO you Your Purpleness.

I'll wish you a fab time at Snazzy's knowing full well that you WILL. Hope the rain blows over too. We had glorious sunshine here this morning but as soon as I got dressed to take the dogs for a walk it clouded over...hmph!!!

Lx

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy- loving the ff - well done Lilian x

Purple is SO your colour! looks fabby x

Deepti said...

oops!! purple streaks look awesome on u :) great cards!!

Hettie said...

Love that Iris card Kathy and your Christmas card looks great too.
Hope you had a good day today and did not spend toooo much money, nor got your lovely purple hair wet!
Hugs
xx

Meghan said...

You really do love purple! This week's cue card is pure heaven for you! Love your card! Iris's are one of my favourite flowers! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great card your Iris design is, I love the simplicity of it.

I'm loving your new technique for Christmas cards, can't comment on this awesome green one compared to the red one - I'm working my way backwards through your posts as it's a while since I've dropped into the Purple Palace - sorry !

Great FF, made me smile ;O)

Your purple locks are stupendously..... well, PURPLE ! fabulous dahlink mwah mwah x

luv
wynneth
x

Katie Sims said...

Wow...it looks like this challenge was right up your alley! I am so glad you played along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)