Monday, 3 February 2014

Christmas Day was a blast!

Morning peeps

One crafting project to share with you today ... if you read on you will (no doubt) understand why I don't have more ...



Materials used:
  • 15cm square card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of white card and navy ribbed card for matting
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots", "grid", Recollections "splatter", Imagine That sentiment and Clearly Inspired coneflower
  • Inks used: Distress Inks: broken china, tumbled glass, salty ocean Versafine smokey grey and onyx black

I'll be entering this for the snippets challenge and then it will be heading off in the post to my brother and sister-in-law to thank them for a fab day
 
Yes, you read that heading right .... this weekend saw us celebrating Christmas for the FOURTH time, my nephew and his fiancée have been working abroad and only recently both returned (Jason on Jan 14th) so it was decided to celebrate this weekend with a full Christmas Day complete with tree, crackers and a mahoosive turkey dinner. Needless to say, I've some pix to share ....
 
 
 
 
My brother and his family rented a cottage for the week and appear to be having a great time there, the dog (LUNA) loves the freedom of having places to roam too. What a great view?
 
 

The Second lovely LUNA that I now Know
 
And, after all that exercise ...... she looks exhausted here .... doesn't she?
 
 
 
Much like the rest of us after a fabulous (and large) Christmas dinner. Our thanks to my brother and sister-in-law who put on such a fine celebration - Merry Christmas!

Too full to do much!


Have a great Monday
 

15 comments:

SARN said...

Eat, drink and be merry I say! xxx

Deepti said...

Beautiful card, love the grunge in the BG and great pics too, looks like u had a great time. Luna looks adorable!!

Viv's Visuals said...

More turkey??? LOL! My Oh would love that - he wants to have Christmas food ALL year round!
Love this gorgeous card Kathy - and some great pics too!

Lauren Hatwell said...

It looks like you all had a blast and, of course, we wholeheartedly approve of Luna's lovely namesake...Luna :oD. What a pretty little girlie she is.

Your snippets card is beautiful and I'm sure will be well received by your brother and sister in law. So glad to hear you had such a spiffing time.

Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

FOURTH Christmas ? boy do you know how to PARTAY lol. It certainly looks as if you were all enjoying yourselves. What a sweetie Luna looks, did she enjoy the extra company ? bet she enjoyed the leftovers better Ha Ha !

Fabulous snippets card, you certainly rock the fabby backgrounds.

Sorry I haven't been around here much lately, hoping to sit here until I've caught up with all your posts that I've missed - mind you that won't be easy with a prolific crafter like your Purpliscious self !

luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

great make - looks like you all had a great day x

SARN said...

OMG . . . I am in LOVE with Cone Flower image . . . I see the make, but where'd you buy it from please?

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Great card Kathy and what a lovely place to stay and have a belated Christmas dinner. Looks like everyone enjoyed it and felt suitably full up xxx

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun love the card just brilliant,and gosh looks like you all had an amazing day xx

Di said...

Super card Kathy - I do so love that cornflower stamp.

Way to go, Christmas lunch looked fabulous - what a lovely spot too. Isn't it nice when you do things just slightly out of season :)

Thank you for grabbing the snippets button too :)

Hugs, Di xx

serendipity said...

Four Christmases! That's serious devotion to the art of indulgence.
Looks like you had a great time, and Luna - she's gorgeous

Lesley Thomas said...

What? Four Christmases? I think that makes you four years older, (smirk).

Jean Straw said...

Lovely card, I like the cone flower stamp and the fabby grunge background.
It looks like you all had a great weekend.
Jean x

sandie said...

What a fun weekend! I love this CAS design and the added sparkle, also I am a fan of grungy backgrounds and this is fab. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog, I appreciate every one x

scrappymo! said...

Great snippets card! Your family get together looks like a lot of fun!