Sunday, 16 February 2014

Don't look now but it really IS a SUNNY SUNday!!!

Morning all,
 
Woke up to BRIGHT sunshine, rather than the rather halfhearted watery (AND temporary) sunshine we've been making the most of (usually in ten minute bursts!) lately. The forecast is for it to last much of today so ...... my husband laughingly suggested we BBQ!!! Not going QUITE that far but I hope we will be making the most of it later.
 
But, first, a little crafting! Di over at Pixies Crafty Workshop always sets a snippets challenge and I try to enter as often as I can ..... it's a great way to MAKE yourself use up some snippets and, heaven knows, I need help with that. Since I fell in to the habit of using my Kaisercraft background images I seem to have been making my patterned backgrounds instead of using the fabulous stock of patterned papers and cards so ... THANKS Di, for making me break out some patterned bits! I can also use this card as a second entry for the Sketch Saturday challenge and a second entry over at Gem of a challenge (spots and stripes) ...
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Black and red card off cuts for matting
  • Striped and spotty offcuts
  • Fiskars snowflake, penguin and sentiment
  • Inks used: Versafine onyx black, smokey grey, Memento Paris dusk, Adirondack chilli pepper
  • Stardust stickles
 
Here's how the envelope looks too ..
 
 
 
Snippets? Oh yes, they are ....
 
 
 
And the original sketch? Well, it looks like this:
 
 
Premium Art Brands (aka Pan Pastels) new challenge is: "Anything goes or use a PAB stencil" - somehow the anything goes seems like a cheat but I don't have any PAB stencils so I'm not sure whether I'll be entering this week ..... YET!
 
And over at CASe this sketch there's a fab new sketch where the sentiment encroaches on the image .... check it out below
 
 
 
I just might have to have a go at that later ....

Have a great day, enjoy the sunshine - sadly, it's not set to last much beyond today! Nice to see it though.
 

14 comments:

Debs M said...

Great card - well done on getting ahead with your Christmas cards x

Lesley Thomas said...

Enjoy the weather Kathy, it's sunny here too! I have a great box of snippits, so I really should try and cut that down a bit. Two new hexagon punches are destined to use some of it up.

SARN said...

Yep - got sunshine here too . . . all day so far WAHOOOOOO!

Love your festive card - keep up the good work and you'll have no worries by Christmas! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Wall to wall sunshine here as well....and it's lasted all day!!
Another great christmas card.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Perfect use of the snippets Kathy, very clever design.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun color combo on that card. It may have snowflakes on it but it is a happy wintery card, not a cold and blustery one. Good job with the patterned snippets.

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun,love how you have used,the snippets of card,and this is just brilliant just love it hugs Cherylxxx

Mrs A. said...

You had me going there for a bit with the Penquin.Lol. I was just about to say Penquin I see no penquin! Great use of your snippets pile. Has it got any smaller yet? Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Hi Kathy!

Great snippets card - and one down for Christmas too :) I do hope you never use up all those snippets!

Sorry I'm behind with commenting!

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Kathy, I love this snippets make using the PP on Kraft!! So great, too, for all the other challenges. And YAAAAYY to the sunshine!! I hope it lasts and lasts!! Hugs, Darnell

Lauren Hatwell said...

Glorious Snippets Card Your Purpleness. What a great way to use up all those little bits and bobs we all end up with in our stash. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your CAS sketches. I always enjoy those (cos I'm rubbish at them myself ;oD)

Lx

scrappymo! said...

Great snippets card!

Debra Miller said...

Great card Kathy. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

Vannessa said...

Great Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT