Friday, 14 February 2014

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Morning

Happy Valentines Day to all who cherish the occasion.
 
I took some non Christmas-y images and turned them in to a card on my Wednesday post ... it was for a challenge over at CASology where the theme was "BOLD". I enjoyed making it and a number of people said very kind things about my card so, it set me thinking about a batch design and different colour choices. I'm therefore sharing the new cards, in blue and green as well as a thumb nail of the original red one. I'd be interested to see what my readers preferred colour is .......?

 
 
If you would like a list of materials then scroll down to my Wednesday post or follow this link. For these colour ways I used Distress Inks in salty ocean/faded jeans and evergreen bough/iced spruce (though peacock feathers would have worked better - oh, the benefit of hindsight). I pondered those pesky greens before I started but .......however, I remained convinced that Peacock Feathers would work better so, there was nothing for it but to have another go ..

Using evergreen bough and peacock feathers! Peacock feathers rocks those splats!

The original? See the thumbnail below:



On a Christmas card roll yesterday and armed with some new watercolour ink pencils .....




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white card die cut in to a circle and scallop edged circle
  • Snowie image (manufacturer unknown) stamped on the plain circle using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Inktense pencils and water used to colour image, with a paintbrush
  • Stardust stickles, to highlight
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • On the scalloped circle: Pro Marker in orchid to colour, Kaisercraft "tiny dots" stamped using Memento grape jelly, Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Color Box gold

Whilst still bright in colour it does seem to come across as a softer overall look than alcohol markers, don't you think? Brings my total to 28 cards towards my 2014 quota - YAY!

And now for the Friday Funny, lots of people have sent me e-mails with flood pix/jokes in but I think they're all a bit close to the mark for so many people right now that I can't bring myself to post them. So, instead, this week's Friday Funny comes courtesy of my pal, SandraT - thanks Sandra - to the rest of you .... ENJOY!
 
Subject: three words
 
A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after work cocktail with her girlfriends when Steven, a tall, exceptionally handsome, extremely sexy, middle-aged man entered. He was so striking that the woman could not take her eyes off him.

This seasoned yet playful heartthrob noticed her overly attentive stare and walked directly toward her. (As any man would.) Before she could offer her apologies for staring so rudely, he leaned over and whispered to her, "I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for £20.00...on one condition..."

Flabbergasted but intrigued, the woman asked what the condition was. The man replied, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words."

The woman considered his proposition for a moment, and then slowly removed a £20 note from her purse, which she pressed into the man's hand along with her address. She looked deeply and passionately into his eyes, barely concealing her anticipation and excitement, and slowly and meaningfully said....












"Decorate my house."!!!!! My kind of gal!!! Wonder if he did!
 
Have a great Friday and a smashing weekend. I'd also like to say to all those who are in flood, fire, snow or other exceptional weather phenomenon hit areas that my thoughts are with you and wishing you well.

10 comments:

SARN said...

Morning Kathy.

Really love your Believe cards and I'm going to pick the BLUE one as my fave.

Smashing snowman card too! The colouring you've achieved is nicely blended and soft.

Laughed at the FF.

Have a great weekend. Happy Crafty Challenge Sat to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

They work really well for christmas cards.

Lauren Hatwell said...

These are fabulous Kathy. I'd be mighty tempted to do another lot. I think they're GREAT!!!

Lesley Thomas said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too Kathy. I like all the colourways of your cards, and the cute one!

Love the Friday funny too.

Deepti said...

I just love the panels u created , so artsy and snow man card is adorable :)

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun,these are just brilliant each and every one is just unique,and so stylish,too,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Debs M said...

loving the believe cards although your other 2 are great...hmm maybe blue is my fave...

great ff - well done on the quick think that woman!!!

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm loving the two other cards created in the same style as the red one, which as spectacular ! My favourite is the green one if I have to choose.

Super snowie card too, looks like you've taken to the watercolour pencils like a 'duck to water' LOL

Great FF - I have a £20 waiting right here for him to do the same for me LOL !

luv
wynneth
x

Viv said...

Fan cards again Kathy, love the funny too he he :) Viv xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your splat cards, what great colours and design. I like the blue one the best, but colour choices are such a personal thing aren't they? The most horrendous storm last night with wing gusts of 67mph recorded at farnborough airport near to me. Daren't look out if the window this morning lol xx