Sunday, 9 February 2014

Here we are at what SHOULD be a lazy Sunday ....

Morning readers and followers,
 
I say SHOULD be a lazy Sunday but, sadly, many people (in the U.K. particularly) will be clearing up or coping with the resulting damage and/or chaos caused by the recent onslaught of stormy weather and floodwater. Even simple things like a train journey have proved fraught with many lines flooded or too damaged to travel and, if youtube is to be believed even walking your dog has proven hazardous on more than one occasion so......do be careful out there.

I'd like to welcome new follower Sammy Sahni, her blog header says she's the purple princess too!! What fun! I have a follower from India.
 
Many of you will have read about the people we have come to know as "the surrogates", we've known them for over 30 years and we'd like to think we're all pretty close. We were heading out last night to jointly celebrate surrogate daughter #2's and my hubby's birthdays. UNFORTUNATELY, real mum had a fall and injured her hand quite badly - she (and her family) spent much of Friday night at our local emergency room and, by lunchtime Saturday, she'd had an operation to re-attach bits of finger - eeeuuuuwwwww. I can't go in to details because I'm waaaay too squeamish to even write it down! However, the brave (or do I mean CRAZY) woman had her operation under LOCAL anaesthetic so she could join us and we had a fabulous evening - other than me leaving my camera at home! Came home totally stuffed - opened a bottle of bubbly and played a couple of rounds of The Logo Game - Boys -1, Girls -1 - honour satisfied!
 
Needless to say, a feel better card was called for ... as may be a stair gate (or stair lift)  to stop the old bat (I use the term as one of endearment!) breakdancing down the stairs again! Here's what I came up with - I'm pleased to say she liked it.
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Stamplorations "brush stroke" and "circular stain" images stamped multiple times using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Color Box gold ink
  • Stampa Rosa sentiment (card and front of envelope) and A-Muse sentiment (reverse of envelope and inside of card) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
As usual, these days, the design was carried across the inside of the card and to both the front and back of the envelope - like so ..
 
 
 
 
Have a great Sunday

6 comments:

Debs M said...

My word - must have been a nasty fall - loving that picked raspberry! may have to put that on my wish list x

SARN said...

Eee-ouch! Nasty for the "real mum" - hope she makes a swift recovery. Breakdancing down stairs is NEVER a good idea!

Your card is fab though.

Howling winds and lots of showers here . . . c'est la vie! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Ooh, pretty card, but sorry to read about the finger, I hope it recovers. I had a carpal tunnel op with a local, and it was fine, I couldn't see anything as it (and me) was mostly covered up. Again it was so I could come home the same day.

Cherry said...

What a fall Kathy - hope it mends well and speedily. That card is gorgeous and in a wonderful colour. Hope you are well. Looking forward to the end of the month. Hugs cherry xxxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card dahlink ! I love that image, it looks great stamped in this zingy colour. Sorry for the need to make it though. I do hope it heals well and quickly. Pleased to hear you had such a splendid evening after all.

Luv
Wynneth
X

sandie said...

Love you rise of the Stamplorations set, fab CAS card x