Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Morning and welcome to a slightly late What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning peeps,

I haven't been at my craft desk for two whole days so hadn't planned to post today but ... you KNOW what it's like, you just get an idea in your head. I needed some mail art to complete a project to a trading card buddy. I'd started to pack "schtuff" for Craftathon 2014 and my current "fave" stash was already packed but I thought .... "at some point most of my stash has been a current fave, so why not use some of that?" ....... and off I went. I was pretty pleased with the mail art and decided it might ROCK a co-ordinating ATC to include with the letter, after all, we ARE trading card swap buddies - she might like that they match .... wanna see?

Envelope and ATC

stand alone ATC

Materials used:
  • DL envelope and ATC blank
  • White card for image panel
  • Close to My Heart images, Paper Artsy "splatter" and Hero Arts sentiment
  • Inks used: Memento rich cocoa, Paris dusk, dandelion and Brilliance orchid


Here's the stamp set which inspired the above project.

These retail at over $20 a pop but I snagged these at a yard sale for about $7.50 - yee haa!

And here's my present work desk, looking a little tidier than normal but that's because most of my "schtuff" is packed and ready to roll - quite literally since it's presently residing in a purple MIMI wheeled tote!!! Har Har!



Whilst I'm presently packed for craftathon, methinks I'm taking too much as my craft tote is full!! When I attended the first craftathon (in 2011) I managed to pack my clothes in the same tote - not gonna happen this time!, so I may have to have a rethink on what I take!! What's hubby going to do whilst I'm away? Well, he has a super exciting weekend planned - an exam and some computer updates - I DEFINITELY get the better deal!

Have a great Wednesday

6 comments:

Debs M said...

Great make and I love that stamp set! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great stamp set and I love what you've done with it. No wonder you were inspired! I can't believe you managed to get your clothes and craft stuff in the same tote. I'm not even going to try. I'm no good at travelling light :oD

Lx

Louise Wright said...

Love the envelope and ATC. The stamps are great.
Bet you are excited about the weekend :-) Like your OH, I will be head in books revising for Monday...
PS, thanks for the mail art. You knew it was my favourite :-)

Lesley Thomas said...

Late today, I've been up in the north all day. Love your use of your new splat set, including the beautiful swirl! Have a great time at your craftathon!

Deepti said...

Love the mix of grunge n flourish :) lovely card

Darnell J Knauss said...

Yippie!!! Congratulations, Kathy, on being one of the CFC winners!!
Hugs! Darnell