Monday, 10 February 2014

Morning, Monday again!


Morning peeps,
 
Funny old day yesterday, it was raining then it was sunny ... so we decided to go out - we were walking along the road (minding our own business) when the hail started!! Blimey, my hair went white (and lumpy) in about 20 seconds!! Not funny! Ah well, if that's the worst that happens I shall count myself lucky, we drove past flooded houses and fields so we know there are many people who've been very badly affected by all this flipping rain! When will it ever stop? Or, should I be getting my hubby to start building that ark after all!
 
I decided to have a go at the sketch challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp - here's my take on their sketch. I used a number of offcuts from my staple of black and white card so I can enter this for Di's 111th "snippets" challenge - see it here. It's a shame I added the gold otherwise I could PROBABLY have gotten away with another entry over at The Card Concept where they have a current challenge of "Monochromatic pink". I suspect the black might have been OK but the gold is one colour too many!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White and black card off cuts for image and décor panels
  • Circle dies used to cut white and black circles, the white circle was run through the big shot once more, inside the swiss dots embossing folder and then Distress Ink in picked raspberry "dabbed" randomly over the circle
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped on the longer white panel using Memento rosebud ink
  • Hero Arts "large swipe" stamped twice using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • Stamplorations "small circular stain" image stamped multiple times using Memento rosebud ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Color Box gold ink
  • Penny Black "Iris" image stamped using versafine onyx black ink
  • Fiskars corner rounding punch used on both the white and black image panel layers
  • Paper Mania sentiment stamped, directly on to base card, using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And here is the sketch I used for my card......
 
 
And, as usual these days, the main image design was carried across the inside of the card and also to the envelope, see below

 
 
 
Have a great Monday

16 comments:

SARN said...

Absolutely wonderful card.

WHO says white and lumpy "hail" hair is NOT funny???? Sorry, but I smirked at your description!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Super card Kathy, I love how you carry the designs over.
Ive just tracked down the Warm fuzzies stamps so they are on their way to me now.

Di said...

Hi Kathy! Hail hair - so funny :)

LOVE your card, so pretty and that's a great sketch you followed.

Re. the ark - if you can canoe down to Hampshire there's one being built in the Playground - bring waterwings though as I think there's been a bit of a slapdash bit of work going on :)

Hugs, Di xx

scrappyjacky said...

Yet more rain here....though luckily we are high enough not to be experiencing flooding.
Great card.

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty card, Kathy! Love the iris and the gold gives it such an elegant look!

Sue - said...

Really pretty card Kathy. Like how you follow the front into the inside.

Debs M said...

great card Kathy - the river is flooding near us but thankfully it's nowhere near our house! x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and a great shade of pink and the gold splatter looks fab. Like the way you have done the inside and envelope too.

Kath x

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is very pretty, Kathy! Excellent job with all the patterns and shapes and snippets!! If it were up to me, I'd say enter it into the CCC, too, coz really, isn't gold a neutral? it's a perfect touch, that's for sure.

I'm glad to hear you guys aren't under water, but my heart really goes out to all those affected in your descriptions of what is happening. I hope the rain madness stops soon!

Hugs, Darnell

Sammy Sahni said...

That's a beautiful card!

Sammy Sahni said...

Such a pretty and beautiful card!

cheryl Baker said...

Great take on the sketch hun and love your design its super hugs cheryl xx

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful image and i love your CAS style of stamping I had a try the other day -went in the bin lol,love how you carry the image through inside the card and on the envelope
Carol x

Karen Petitt said...

I love this, the inky layers are wonderful and I have stamp envy - must keep an eye out for a couple new PB flowers, had my two for many years! Gorgeous gorgeousness xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful take on this sketch!
The tough of gold you added is beautiful...worth missing out on the other challenge!

I love the inside of your card too...it looks great!

Mrs A. said...

Love the touch of gold on your card and how you've decorated the inside too. Who is Miss Calling slapdash! Theres nothing slapdash about a bit of sticking plaster holding the screw in place. (Couldn't find a washer).
Hugs Mrs A.