Saturday, 15 February 2014

Saturday challenge day .....

Morning readers,
 
Well that saw off another working week .... and what dreadful weather many have suffered. It was bad enough here and I KNOW we've not suffered the worst of it. You have my sympathy if you are experiencing floods, heavy snowfall, drought, wild fires and other extremes.
 
Phew, that was a bit profound ..... time to lighten it up. Saturday's are normally challenge days for me and I'm pretty sure that today's going to be no different! What have we got that I can have a go at then?
 
  • CAS-ual Fridays are rocking their "So Long" challenge, a farewell card that is long and thin
  • Simply Less Is More have their new challenge (not a One Layer Card this week, thank goodness though it's strange how many of my cards ARE one layer by choice these days - I blame the LIM-ettes!) .. this weeks challenge is "Masculine"
  • CASology still have their "BOLD" challenge - which appealed to me and resulted in the Christmas cards I've notched up this past few days
  • Addicted to CAS have their new challenge today and their CAS theme word is: "Coffee"
  • Gem of a challenge also launch a new challenge today, their theme is: "Spots and stripes"
  • 52CCT have the theme of: "A Christmas landscape"
  • Sketch Saturday have a new sketch .... and here it is
That should keep me out of mischief then, shouldn't it?! So, off I went this morning and came up with the card you see below - it fits the Simply Less Is More masculine challenge, it fits the Sketch Saturday challenge and also the Gem of a challenge - OK, so it's only one stripe but I'm HOPING they will allow it. Yee Haa!




Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • off cuts of white card and beige card used to die cut circles, as shown
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Distress Ink in salty ocean
  • Kaisercraft "crackle" image stamped using Memento Paris dusk
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Distress Ink in weathered wood
  • Unknown motorcycle image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then Distress Inks in salty ocean and weathered wood applied round the image (to soften the white) using an Inkylicious ink duster
  • Cats Pyjamas tiny "Happy Birthday" stamped on to white card using Memento Paris dusk
 
Last night, despite being Valentines Day saw my hubby spending the evening with pal Graeme at an indoor flying evening. Well, he DID have his new toy (birthday gift from Graeme) and he HAD taken me out to lunch instead AND his wife is my great friend, Liz, who came round to help me out with the a bottle of Sauvignon!!! We had a fine old time putting the World to rights and they had a fine old time trying not to wreck the plane or the hall!!!

Have a great weekend and take care if it's wild weather with you - as I type this I've just been listening to "weather with you" by Crowded House!! What a coincidence?!?!?

21 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card for the men - usually so hard to make for them.

Glad you enjoyed the wine - why not? And just to rub it in, we have beautiful sunshine which is making me some great hot water as I type.

Clare Lloyd said...

great card Kathy. enjoy your day.

Debs M said...

great card Kathy - well done with fitting in 3 challenges x

Chrissie said...

What a terrific background Kathy. It's a super chap's card!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gerrina said...

Great masculin card! Love the image and brown-blue is my fav combination! Have a good weekend, Gerrina

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun this is one brilliant,male card such an effective,layout,love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Marianne said...

beautiful card Kathy

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card Kathy. Way to go...

Jenni's Jems said...

Great male card and love how you made the band behind the image ! x

SARN said...

Ye Gods that was one violent stormy night . . . worst so far . . . but I and everyone I love are all in one piece with no damage, so I'm considering myself VERY lucky. My heart goes out to all those suffering difficulties due to the extreme weather.

Right . . . onto your card. May I just say FABULOUS???? Great take on the sketch and super male card. Top marks.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lynne said...

Great card Kathy. I love the way you`ve made your background.
Lynne xxx

Anne said...

Love that stamped background and what a perfect masculine card, fitting other challenges as well! Well done :)
Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
Anne
Guest "Less is More"

catherine said...

A great card Kathy and a fabulous image. Glad you enjoyed your evening with your friends
x catherine

Hettie said...

Great card Kathy. Male cards are always so tricky! Love that "stripe! stamp! Sounds like you had a fabby Valentines Day. I actually had my first "proper" food in two weeks and it tasted good!Topped by Richard Gere in Shall We Dance. Perfick!
Hugs
xx

Margaret said...

Fabulous card Kathy. Have a good weekend
Margaret x

Jan Ltc said...

This looks great xx Jan

Skye said...

Great male card. Love the blue background and image

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous image and love the spotted and crackled stripe-you do this soooo well
carol x

Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, This one's a smasher, really like the cyclist image and your crackle background, :D x

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

GinaA said...

Both of the men in my house would love this card. Great design Kathy.