Saturday, 1 February 2014

Saturday chatter!

Morning peeps,
 
Saturday again - challenge day for me!!
 
But first ...... I'm a day late but ........ I made my quota of EIGHT Christmas cards!!! Woo Hoo ... AND I broke the seal on a new piece of stash
 

 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square, 250gsm, white card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "triangles" image (NEW) stamped using Distress Ink in festive berries
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink (NEW)
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Mrs Christmas image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black, coloured using alcohol markers, cut out and matted on to black card
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
Here's my meagre stash from Snazzy's, sadly, Val is still waiting on her delivery of the new Kaisercraft images. Guess they've been inundated with orders post CHA! The stash you can't see is not for me so I've hidden the details so as not to spoil the surprise



Sue and I went to the Sally Pussey Inn near Royal Wootton Bassett for lunch - this was the regular portion - there IS an option for a LARGE portion - wonder who orders the large!!!



Following this marathon lunch we headed to Snazzys and then the outlet mall. The weather was ATROCIOUS and the journey home VILE but it was still a nice day out with a pal - thanks matey!

CAS-ual Friday have a current challenge which is: "Off the edge" and I have new stash ......
 
 
 
 
Simply Less Is More have the new theme of: "RAINBOW" .... so I set about combining the two ...... I don't BELIEVE this week is one layer and goodness me, I hope it ISN'T!!!!



See the lovely pearlescent sheen it gives my rainbow?

Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 11½cm square neon yellow panel
  • 11cm square white image panel
  • Post its to mask my "rainbow"
  • Imagination Crafts mica powder "solids" mixed with their blending solution and applied with a paintbrush: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - though I did have to mix just a little of the purple with the blue to make it more indigo than cornflower!
  • Hero Arts sentiment and Magenta 23640 image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, stamping second images - this was down both off the page to one side and again to the bottom - making it an eligible entry at CAS-ual Friday too!

Now off to think about Deb's new monthly challenge over at Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) of "Night time".

Have a great Saturday peeps

14 comments:

Alison xx said...

Both great cards, but I love your shimmering rainbow. BTW your lunch looked yummy ;-) A xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great rainbow card Kathy, and I love your lace stamp I have one or two similar, so I'll be watching to see what you do with yours. Getting stormy here now in the west of Ireland - there are lots of flood warnings around but thankfully I am high up enough to avoid that. Sorry for those who aren't.

Chrissie said...

This looks great Kathy!
Love that little stamp!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

SARN said...

Congrats on reaching 8 Christmas cards already Kathy.

Great looking latest one.

LOVING your rainbow LIM card though (and the look of your new goodies).

Vile weather here today - currently need the room light on it's SOOOO flipping dark!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Two fantastic cards Kathy - am stumped for LIM this week :( The really are little rotters sometimes with the challenge themes they think up :) Your rainbow card is great and I love the saucy minx!

Thanks for grabbing the button - err, I do have a big guard dog (aka Parsnip) for when the gates are locked on Saturday afternoons though :))

OMG, I could murder that lovely plate of food right now - cold and windy here, sigh.

Hugs, Di xx

Mandi said...

Your rainbow of colours looks fabulous Kathy
Great card

Mandi

Debs M said...

love the rainbow and your sexy santa is fab! Shame about the kaisers tho x

crafty-stamper said...

Fantastic card love the simple image and sheen on the rainbow
carol x

Gerrina said...

Love your perlesent rainbow! Stands out and looks so elegant! Hope you´ll have a good week, Gerrina

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Laura

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on keeping to plan with your Christmas card making Kathy, what a great one this is too. Good to see that Sparkle n Sprinkle image again. Those are fabby new Kaiser stamps, they didn't have any of these new ones at Wespoint.

Loving your pearly rainbow and the stamp is just perfect.

Mmmmm.... what a great lunch, I'm surprised you could move after eating that lot LOL

luv
wynneth
x

Anita in France said...

Oh my, that pearlescent rainbow with the silhouette stylised flowers is simply stunning, Kathy ... just lovely! Anita :)

Joanne said...

What a pretty card - love the shimmer across the rainbow.

Alice Wertz said...

such fun cards. pretty colors, too! great work! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!