Sunday, 2 February 2014

Sunday and couldn't we all do with some? Sun, that is!!!

Morning bloghoppers,

How is it with you?  I keep hoping we're done with the rain and then .... down comes some more!! I hope we'll all get a little sunshine today.

Yesterday saw a small packet arrive from the Isle of Skye. Regular readers of my blog will know that I swap ATC materials with a buddy there, she sent me the latest materials .... want to see what she sent? .....
 
Offcut pieces of red paper and white paper with the stamped & embossed image 
 
Well, I looked at it for an hour or so and then set to work and here's the result:
 
 
 
 
Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank (the off cut piece of red was actually paper so a little flimsy for an ATC)
  • Black card off cut for matting (ditto the above with the image panel)
  • Imagination Crafts mica powder "solids", mixed with blending solution and applied with a paintbrush (rec, pink and plum)
  • Two small self adhesive glittered foam hearts ....which I've had SOOOOOO long that I had to glue them on as the self adhesive was no longer sticky - ooops, really MUST use embellishments more often!
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" image stamped using Distress Ink in festive berries
  • Kaisercraft "edges" image stamped all around the outer edge of the ATC using Distress Ink in barn door
  • Kaisercraft "love" image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink

With the twinkle from the foam hearts and the lovely pearlescent sheen from the mica the overall effect is quite pretty, so I hope that Pam will like it.  Both Pan Pastels and Scribble and Stamp are having an "ANYTHING GOES" challenge so I shall enter the above ATC for those and, as I used snippets, I'm going to enter it for the Snippets challenge over at Pixies Crafty workshop too. It's now my turn to make an ATC and to send her the duplicate materials ..... so, here are the materials I shall be sending her. The images below have been stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and I've put a note with it so she knows not to use alcohol markers as the ink will run and ruin any colouring.

 
 
And here's how my duplicate materials evolved in to an ATC


Additional materials used:
  • Kaisercraft "Chevron" and "Tiny Dots" images
  • Daisy and Dandelion "Bubble and Squeak" images
  • Memento dandelion and rosebud inks
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Zig wink of stella glitter pen
  • Imagine That sentiment (not shown below)





There are a number of other challenges available today but I may not get round to them as it's a busy old day for me today - hope you all have a very happy Sunday

17 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great atc's Kathy - still getting use out of those Kaisers then! x

SARN said...

Morning Kathy . . . well, we have some sun today . . . so I'm off out for a walk to make the most of it!

Great use of the ATC materials sent to you.

Love the ATC you've made and will send off components for.

Happy Sunday xxx

Di said...

Wonderful ATCs Kathy - and I especially love the heart one! Yup, for sure, ATCs are fine in the Playground - in fact I can't think of anything that isn't OK so long as it uses snippets. We've had knitting, crochet - all sorts of stuff. Err, even Mrs A sometimes brings stuff made using snippets of lace cut from unmentionables - sigh, why doesn't that surprise me though.

Thanks so much for grabbing the snippets button and enjoy the rest of your day. We actually have sunshine here but everywhere is so waterlogged that my poor in-house critic can't go to his weekend archery days - which means we have a bear with a bit of a sore head and cabin fever simmering away.

Hugs, Di xx

Tracy said...

Yeeeees I neef the sun...had enough wind and rain,lol.
Kathy your Atc is beautiful, adore hearts and your duplicate ATC is adoreable!!
So happy you joined us over at Premium Craft Brand and goodluck.
Hugs
Tracy xxx

Lizy Bartaby said...

These are fabby Kathy! Great idea to swap too! :)
Lizy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun idea that you and your friend do! That really makes one have to think about what to make. I love what you came up with and I'm sure your friend will like it as well. I think she'll enjoy what you send too.

My name is Wynneth said...

Didn't you do well with your ATC materials, what a great creation. I don't know what I'd have made faced with these materials !

Love the image your sending in return and your ATC original is splendid.

Luv
Wynneth
X

massofhair said...

Both ATC's are really fab. Love the Daisy & Dandelion bear, he is very cute.

Great idea to swap materials:-) x

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's so fun to see your swap with Pam. I really love these ATCs, Kathy! I hope you get some much-needed sunshine soon; we finally got some much-needed rain here, so there's hope for us all!! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Some great ATC's here. Just got into that for the first time last year. They sure are addicting to make!
Yours look great!

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty card today Kathy, though I can't warm to those skinny hearts, I like nice plump ones. Love the ted immage,I'm sure your friend will make something super with him.

Mrs A. said...

A super little ATC just right for snippets. Can I just say me unmenshunables wos washed first!
That Miss Di does try and get me into troubles. Me!! As If.
Hugs Mrs A.

Claire said...

Gorgeous ATCs, love the red and white with the pop of pink and the ted is adorable
Thanks for joining us at Premium Craft Brands this week
Claire xx

Andree said...

A fantastic ATC, I love the silver heart against the red.

Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Dragon said...

Fab cards Kathy, especially the heart.

Lexie said...

Great cards. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, that was quite a challenge your friend in Skye sent you but you rose to it beautifully - the end result is super. And it sounds like a fun thing you have both set up for each other too. Elizabeth xx