A project to share with you today .... I signed up for a mail art swap with a few crafting pals and need to "prettify" four envelopes along the theme of "BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL". Once done I have to send one to each of the others on the list - sounds simple BUT one of the four set the bar very high! Louise opted to zentangle hers (see it here) and made a SPLENDID job of it .... so my project was no longer the "prettification" of four envelopes but had to be rehashed in to a worthy arty project - hmmmmm, HOW to proceed......
|ENVELOPE #1 - gesso'd and inked|
|Stamped and sealed - revealing a gap in my stash .... no MATTE medium! Used gloss instead.|
|Envelope #1 reverse|
- Address area masked off with a piece of acetate and low tack tape
- Gesso brushed over the surface and allowed to dry
- Dylusions ink sprays: London Blue, Bubblegum Pink, Sunshine Yellow
- TCW stencil - water spritzed through, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
- Images: cracked glass, large & small pocket watch, wings and sentiment by Visible Image, Splatter by Paper Artsy
- Inks used: Memento rosebud, tangelo, grape jelly, Mediterranean blue. Versafine onyx black. Color Box gold
- Basics gloss gel medium
- Distress Paints: spun sugar, seedless preserves, weathered wood, spritzed and smooshed!
- Number image by Close to my Heart, Small clock with wings by Rubbernecker all other images and sentiments by Visible Image and all stamped using Versafine onyx black with the exception of the Paper Artsy splatter in Color Box gold
Sunday was such a glorious day by comparison with pretty much EVERY day since November of last year that we felt we had to take advantage.
|This field normally has animals in it|
|This is the regular parking area!|
And after such a glorious day on Sunday what was Monday's weather like? Chucking it down much of the day - darn it! A good opportunity to crack on with my mail art though - only four to do so I hope to have them all done by the weekend and may even get to work on the challenge below but we'll have to wait and see about that one.