Saturday, 8 February 2014

Welcome to Saturday

Morning all and welcome to Saturday, a day of craft challenges for me!
 
Watch out! One trick pony alert!!! I'm stuck on this technique this past week or so - but how I LOVE IT! I was looking for a challenge yesterday - there are really very few Friday challenges (please let me know if you know of a good one - links appreciated) so I thought I would try a Christmas card with this technique this time - heaven knows, I've eight to make each month! So far I have 23 towards Christmas 2014 - so I'm doing OK ......... at the moment!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square and 6½cm x 9½cm white card panels, edged using Pro Markers (blue pearl, denim blue and royal blue)
  • 13½cm square and 6 x 9 cm white card panels
  • Images used: Kaisercraft "grid, chequer, bubblewrap, Paper Artsy: splatter Stamplorations: circular mark, Inkadinkado: snowman
  • Inks used: Versafine onyx black, Color Box: gold, Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china, salty ocean, faded jeans (which I also used to soften the white image panel around the snowman, applied with an Inkylicious ink duster)
 
Since it's a Christmas card and a nice bright-ish one at that ...... I have the almost irresistible urge to highlight the snowman with stickles - what do you think? To stickle or not to stickle?

Of course, I forgot the fortnightly Friday challenge at CAS-ual Friday - their current challenge is: "Over the edge" so I may get to enter that this weekend too.

This morning sees the dreaded One Layer challenge over at Simply Less Is More but the theme is: "Anything goes" - hmmmmmm

So, here's what I came up with this morning ... one layer AND over the edge!




Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Stamplorations "swathe" image stamped multiple times using Distress Ink in salty ocean
  • Stamplorations "circular stain" image stamped in Distress Ink faded jeans
  • Visible Image "splatter" image stamped in Distress Ink in broken china
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

This card will be entered for both the Simply Less Is More and the CAS-ual Friday challenges

And on a Christmas card front ... 52 CCT have launched a colour challenge. Choose any three PLUS the yellow/gold - again with the hmmmm

 
Those should keep me going! Have a great Saturday everyone

13 comments:

Debs M said...

Great card Kathy - interesting colour scheme for 52! x

SARN said...

Get the stickles out Woman! Stickle that Snowman IMMEDIATELY! LOL! Terrific card BTW! Loving that technique.

Love your Warm Fuzzies card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the cards Kathy, and I really laughed at yesterday's funny. I think you've got something to get your teeth into with those challenges, best of luck.

Gerrina said...

Think your snowman is great! And the LIM-over the edge is not what I ecspected, but a fun design! xx Gerrina

Squirrel x said...

Well it's one trick I am happy to see all year round - does the pony need a carrot for energy to keep going? Love your Christmas card hun, no Stickles on the Snowie, he's perfect as is. And your LIM card is clever, really like that. Happy weekend hunny. Hugs xx

Marianne said...

nice card

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly with the christmas cards.

Jan Ltc said...

Two fab cards Kathy xx Jan

Diane said...

Wonderful snowman card design Kathy.

Hugs diane

MaryH said...

Stickles I think...sparkly ones too! Love both of these, and like the 'art feel' of #2. You're going great on getting so many cards in your stash for 2014. TFS the cards & the good inspiration too! Hugs

GinaA said...

Great sentiment for the LIM card, love the blue you have used for the stamping. A FAB one layer card.

Chrissie said...

I love that splodgy stamp Kathy, this card looks great,
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Margaret said...

Beautifully CAS Kathy
Margaret x