Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Good morning and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

and who would believe that it would be the last one in March ..... I can scarcely believe that today is the 26th and that next week it will be (gulp!) APRIL - where's the year going? Best I start my Christmas shopping as it will be here before we know it ... at this rate!
 
Hmm - Hands up .... how many of you have started your Christmas card makes? And how many of you fully intended to but haven't made a single one? I'm feeling smugly self righteous here as I've made around 30 so far and am on target for my quota. I aim to make eight per month ... got ahead of myself in January and fell behind in February but am still around where I needed to be about now - HUZZAH! If I can carry on like this then there should be no last minute panic for me in 2014 - wish me luck!
 
Yesterday saw the launch of a couple of Rudolph Challenges and I shall be attempting to enter both of these over the next day or so! Sarn has a R.D. challenge here and over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required to participate) there is one set by Julie this month, on the Craft Mad and Loving It group

Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge insists on two entries so I shall be entering both of the cards below in that challenge (see above link). Additionally, I shall be entering the Three Presents as another entry for the "THREE" challenge over at Simply Less Is More as well as the "ALL WRAPPED UP" challenge over at CraftyHazelnutsChristmas Challenge and for the Christmas "ANYTHING GOES" at Completely Christmas whilst the Christmas Tree card will be entered for the "METALLICS" challenge over on the Pan Pastels own blog .... so, without further ado, here are my two cards to share with you today ...




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of card in yellow, red and white
  • Unknown parcel image/sentiment stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black (I THINK this image MAY be by Dimension Forth but it's ten years old or more ....)
  • Alcohol markers, copic Atyou Spica black glitter pen and stardust stickles used to colour and highlight




Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and DCWV "linen" texture red card.
  • I ran the main panel of red card through my big shot inside an embossing folder
  • I then applied Versamark ink all over the raised area before applying pan pastel metallic in bright gold to the inked area, buffing and then setting with hairspray
  • Stamplorations tree image stamped on to a small white card panel using Versamark ink before applying phthalo green and silver metallic pan pastel, buffing and then setting with hairspray and then mounting on to another off cut of red and then black card
  • I had a strip of the DCWV card and stamped my Hero Arts sentiment centrally before adhering my image panel
 
So, that's not only two more Christmas cards for my collection but I can enter FIVE challenges in total - not bad!!! Of course, if I can then there's also the new Merry Monday challenge - this week it's a colour challenge:





Have a great Wednesday
 

22 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Crumbs, you have been busy again hun, three super C cards (I cannot bring myself to say the word this side of summer) Hugs xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing cards there Kathy. I'm most impressed. Lx

SARN said...

Morning Kathy - two super Christmas cards here. Congrats on keeping up with your totals so far.

Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I have finally made a start on my christmas cards....but I'm waaaaaay behind you!!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi Kathy hope you are well.....great design, love the image, thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas, we would love to see you back again next week for another fun challenge......Good Luck
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
XX

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely card...
I love the look of the buffed gold on the embossing folder you used. It is stunning!

Lilian said...

Hello Kathy,
I have started me Christmas cards got about 20 I think,

Llove your two cards.
Hugs
lilian

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi hun great card thanks so much for playing along at Completely Christmas happy crafting Judith DT x

Debs M said...

woohoo well done! I don't think I have made any yet :( x

Chrissie said...

Fun LIM card Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Anne said...

Well done Kathy, super cards to add to the C stash!
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
LIM Guest commenter

mamapez5 said...

Two lovely cards. That is a very clever red backing paper you have made. It is beautiful. Kate x

Lesley Thomas said...

Ooh, Kathy, a Threefer day! Love them all.

Katie Berberich said...

Fantastic Xmas cards Kathy. Me? Xmas cards -zilch. Xmas shopping....? Hu, not even crossed my mind. You are so organized.
Katie

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 4 with your lovely card, Hazel, DT - thanks also for entering my CHNC challenge 169 - we hope we'll see you again soon - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your CAS card, Kathy! It really is a standout in the LIM gallery! It would be awesome for a birthday card, too! And great job playing in so many challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

Anjie said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us in our Metallic challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
Anjie

Sandy said...

Lovely cards, but I can't see any purple, lol. (from one purple freak to another)Love the scalloped edges too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas
Hugs,
Sandy

Barb King said...

Happy card with nice bright colors. Just posted mine at LIM.

Tracy said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous use of the metallic Pan pastels.
Thank you so much for playing along at Pan Pastel UK, Goodluck
Tracy
XOXO

massofhair said...

Am loving your Christmas card so very much. A fabulous and rich looking card, must try this technique :-)

Terry said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fabby projects with the DT from Premium Craft Brands PanPastel UK Challenge, love the projects, hugs Terry xxxx