|Happy St Patricks Day|
I have to say goodbye to one of my followers, not sure who you are but sorry to see you go - bye bye!
There are so many challenges launched over the weekend that it's hard to fit them all in, here are just a couple:
CAS on Sunday launched their latest challenge yesterday .... "One Layer Wonder"
Stamplorations have a new challenge today -
Merry Mondays .. use one or both of the challenges for a Christmas card
Sunday Sketch and Stamp have a new challenge too .....
And there's still time to play at Freshly Made Sketches where they have a fab sketch
|But the sketch challenge does close later today so you better be quick if you want to enter!|
- C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Offcuts of white card, cut to suit for image panel, chevron panel and layering
- Little Yellow Bicycle Chevron banner stamped on to white card using Brilliance orchid ink and cut out
- Old Town Crafts flower inked with Brilliance orchid and Memento bamboo before stamping on to image panel
- Magenta foliage background image stamped using Brilliance orchid and stamped a second time without re-inking
- I used the Brilliance orchid to edge the image panel and chevron patter matting layer
- Finally I threaded some twine through a clear glittered button and tied off in a knot before adhering with glossy accents.
And, yes, you're all right .... it IS the Freshly Made Sketch challenge that I shall be entering this card for but I can also make it a second entry over at That Craft Place too. This is a birthday card clean and graphic design so will fit the "Birthday" challenge over at the Card Concept
Yesterday was a busy day for us too .... well, more like hubby really. The Surrogates had asked if he would give a hand erecting their youngest son's new playhouse so, off we went around 13:00 armed with drill, screwdrivers, spirit levels and all sorts of things that might be needed. Hmmmmm - here's how things looked around 13:15
|Guess this site needs some levelling first then!|
|Looking good, at least the roof is on!|
It's still not finished, hubby will be there again later today but ........ it looks like Zac approves!
Then it was home for a quick shower before we headed north up the M5, to Gloucester, to dine with our friends, Sandra and Brian. We had a lovely evening just generally catching up on "stuff" and enjoyed a very nice meal too, with a mushroom starter, salmon wrapped in ham with hasselback potatoes and green veg and a coconut and ginger dessert - super yummy - thanks guys. Do you know that, at 23:15 the M5 is almost deserted ..... wish it could be like that during the day too!