Friday, 14 March 2014

It's Friday Funny time again!

Morning all,

How's your week been? If you've been at work then I hope it's passed smoothly for you. If, like me, you are enjoying retirement then I hope your week has been full of interesting things. I've a few photos to share as well as a crafting project and the Friday Funny!

Me? I've been dog training with a pal and her pooch, meeting friends for dinner (twice - once already and one at the weekend) and another friend (today) for coffee, house-sitting whilst waiting for furniture to be delivered (with the added bonus of Iris the cat!), a little light retail therapy, reading and the inevitable crafting ... all in all, a highly satisfactory week, if not exactly good for my waistline!! Wednesday's dinner (Italian) was really very nice and it was so lovely to catch up with my good friends, Andrea and Naomi, it was like we'd only met the day before - just so comfortable - know what I mean?

Whilst house sitting on Wednesday (awaiting furniture delivery) I decided to amuse myself - young Iris is an immensely curious little kitty and showed me her best side ... several times!



Returning home from my "night out with the girls" it had started to get foggy and Thursday morning dawned similarly. The weather forecasters said it would be slow to clear but we should see some sunshine .... well, here's how it looked at 14:300 - as you can see, NO SIGN of any sunshine ... or the trees and new homes in the middle distance either!! And I don't think it got ANY better either!!




Over at CAS colours and sketches it's the turn of a sketch - so, here's my entry for challenge #65




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white card
  • "Splashing Maggie" image (by Sugar Nellie) stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour, I also used denim pro marker to colour the larger white card layer, for matting
  • Inkylicious stripes stamped directly on to my card blank using Distress Ink in salty ocean
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped directly on to my card blank using Memento tuxedo black ink

For the inside of the card and the envelope I stamped the image and sentiment with Memento tuxedo black ink and added the "happy birthday" sentiment from the CAS-ual Fridays prize "WTF" set

I have to say that it also fits Clare's challenge of "Splash, splodge or drip" over on the Craftbubble 2½ forum (registration required), so I'll also be submitting it there.

And here's the sketch .... obviously, I chose to use a square blank which slightly alters the perspective but I hope the CAS C&S peeps will like what I've done.



And now it's time for this week's Friday Funny, courtesy of Jacky (aka Scrappyjacky) who sent it as an e-mail entitled "Gotta love the Brits" .... ENJOY. Jacky, you're in the 2014 draw. Got a sneaking suspicion I may have used this one before and, if I have, I apologise but this e-mail landed in my in box just days ago .....

The following is the transcript of an actual radio conversation in October 1995, between a US Navy ship and The British authorities, near the coast of England . The transcript was released by the Ministry of Defence on 10/10/95.

BRITISH:    Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid collision.

U.S.NAVY:    Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid a collision.

BRITISH:    Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

U.S.NAVY:    This is the Captain of US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

BRITISH:    Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.

U.S.NAVY:    THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

BRITISH:    We are a lighthouse. Now (insert chosen expletive here!) off!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
It's time for a new challenge over at Festive Friday and today's is a photo inspiration challenge, this is a fortnightly challenge so you have plenty of time!


Have a fabulous Friday and a splendid weekend - got plans?

10 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card, and really funny funny!

We had a lot of fog too.

SARN said...

Love the Friday Funny! Hilarious!

Great splash-fest card too - and a cute kitty . . . what more can you ask from a blog post?

Have a great weekend Honey.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

ROFL!!! Brilliant Friday Funny this week Kathy. I roared with laughter... I bet they did at the lighthouse too... ALL DAY LONG... snigger

HAve a great day with your Pal.

Iris is such a pretty girl. What a sweetie!

Fab Maggie card and I'm very tempted by the inspiration at Festive Friday. I wonder if I'll have time...

Have a great weekend

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

I'm smiling [again] reading this true funny....I love it.
Sounds like another busy week for you.

Deepti said...

Ur Friday funny is something that everyone should read, hilarious :) and u had an amazing week. Loved the crafty part of ur week too, perfectly colored image :)

Lilian said...

Kathy. Love the F F. I wish I had been in the lighthouse to have heard that.
Love the card Kathy. Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

what a cute kitty!
great make and I love the ff! x

Hettie said...

Cute kittykat!
Lovely card.
Funny funny!
Great visit.
Hugs
xx

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Cute cat. Nice post.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - your card is lovely, what a fun image - Jacqueline xx