Saturday, 1 March 2014

It's Saturday and we all know what that means ....

Morning peeps,

WELCOME TO MARCH - but I still need to know what happened to February?! One minute we're all talking about craftathon, in a "couple of weeks" and now I'm there - yep, scheduled post!! Hope blogger posts at the right time too ....

Today is the birthday of my crafting pal, Rosie, so - BIRTHDAY GREETINGS matey - have a lovely day - I hope you get spoiled rotten!

Saturdays are challenge days at the purple palace however, the purple princess is away from her desk and is (hopefully) having an absolute blast with six other crafting buddies and it'll be a laugh a minute and loadsa challenges!! There will be a clock workshop and seven "shoe box" projects to challenge me - no idea what six of them will be but I know the seventh, as it's mine!!! (cue maniacal laughter!). Anyhoo, there will be plenty to challenge me today, given that I craft at the speed of light, sometimes to the detriment of PLANNING!!! Come on, who HASN'T ever stuck their image panel or sentiment on a card UPSIDE DOWN!?!?!?! I shall endeavour to pay attention and not co*k anything up irrevocably and will hope to have a whole bunch of craft projects to share with you on Monday.

With most of my stash packed by Thursday I managed a little light crafting with my not so "go to" supplies - quite a refreshing change for me and here's a quick and easy ATC I made ...




Materials used:

  • ATC blank
  • White card slightly larger than ATC size
  • Versacolour cubes: orchid, marigold, hyacinth and split pea, "squished" down in a grid pattern
  • Crystal sparkle embossing powder sprinkled over and heat embossed
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade applied in the non embossed areas using a duster brush (Judikins)
  • Dimension Fourth image stamped on to white card using Versafine vintage sepia and heat embossed using the same crystal sparkle embossing powder, before close cutting out and gluing to the ATC
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine vintage sepia and cut in to a banner shape and adhered to the ATC using dimensional foam pads

There will be no "Lazy Sunday" post from me tomorrow as I shall be travelling home, and hoping hubby didn't break my computer whilst carrying out the "necessary" upgrades in my absence!! Hmm - I shall SOOOO not be impressed if I can't upload my photos!

In the meantime, don't forget to check out some of the usual challenges I like to enter, there's a list in my sidebar here, along with the days they're set - in case you spot one you like the sound of!! ENJOY!
Thanks for stopping by, see you Monday!

3 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Nice card Kathy, I do hope you have a great time, I wish I was coming too.

SARN said...

Well I love your zingy ATC Kathy. I bet you are currently having a blast with your friends.

Looking forward to Monday's post to see (some of) what you got up to!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great make x