- First of all I cut a section of book page to roughly ATC size and then stamped my Hero Arts star with Versamark ink before liberally sprinkling white embossing powder and heat embossing it (my newly rediscovered passion!).
- I then covered the rest of the book page with Distress Paint in picked raspberry - dried real quick too!
- My Minds Eye small star stamped numerous times using Memento tuxedo black ink on to the already starred tissue paper
- Next came a layer of Claudine Hellmuth matte gel medium which I then used to adhere the tissue to the book page and then another layer of matte medium to adhere that to an ATC blank - which I then weighted down to keep it flatter
- I stamped the "rockstar" and "guitar" image on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then fussy cut out
- After adhering the images to my ATC, I cut away the excess from the guitar image
- I used Pro Markers in lime, magenta and pumpkin to colour
- Stardust stickles gave the final touch of glam to this "rockin'" ATC!!!
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
Morning all and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday
Hi there readers,
For those of you who checked out yesterday's marathon post you might be forgiven for thinking that I wouldn't have had the chance to make anything else!!! Just goes to show how wrong you could be!
Many of you know that I swap materials with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and you may even have seen the ATC I made recently, using the materials she sent me. Well, it's now my turn to make an ATC and to send the duplicate materials to her, to see what she makes of them. I've gone for an almost mixed media feel this time and I hope she's game, I believe she will be. So, what did I send?
Materials sent: ripped section from a book, patterned tissue paper (recycling at its best as this originally wrapped a prize set of stamps from CAS-ual Fridays - thanks peeps) and two stamped images by Inkadinkado ........ check it out and ponder what you might do, before scrolling to the other side of the What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday photo
Here's how the desk looks today ... come on, you are SOOOOO not surprised given that I spent the last two days on the photo frame which I posted about yesterday and then I had to make this ATC, now .... are you???? Thought not!!!
And now for the ATC I made using the duplicates of the materials shared with you earlier in this post.
How did I make this ATC? WELL, if you are sitting comfortably .... I got stuck in the multi layer rut with my photo frame and hadn't worked it out of my system before I started with this ATC.
And how did it look? check it out for yourself ...
I do find myself wondering (already) what Pam will do with these materials - did my ATC even come close to what you might have done? In the meantime, I plan to enter this over at Addicted to Stamps and More, where their new challenge is: "Anything goes" .... just so long as it has stamping and this sure does, three layers of it in fact!!!
Happy Wednesday everyone ... it will soon be Friday!