Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Morning all and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi there readers,

For those of you who checked out yesterday's marathon post you might be forgiven for thinking that I wouldn't have had the chance to make anything else!!! Just goes to show how wrong you could be!

Many of you know that I swap materials with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and you may even have seen the ATC I made recently, using the materials she sent me. Well, it's now my turn to make an ATC and to send the duplicate materials to her, to see what she makes of them. I've gone for an almost mixed media feel this time and I hope she's game, I believe she will be. So, what did I send?

Materials sent: ripped section from a book, patterned tissue paper (recycling at its best as this originally wrapped a prize set of stamps from CAS-ual Fridays - thanks peeps) and two stamped images by Inkadinkado ........ check it out and ponder what you might do, before scrolling to the other side of the What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday photo





Here's how the desk looks today ... come on, you are SOOOOO not surprised given that I spent the last two days on the photo frame which I posted about yesterday and then I had to make this ATC, now .... are you???? Thought not!!! 



And now for the ATC I made using the duplicates of the materials shared with you earlier in this post.












Keep scrolling













How did I make this ATC? WELL, if you are sitting comfortably .... I got stuck in the multi layer rut with my photo frame and hadn't worked it out of my system before I started with this ATC.
  • First of all I cut a section of book page to roughly ATC size and then stamped my Hero Arts star with Versamark ink before liberally sprinkling white embossing powder and heat embossing it (my newly rediscovered passion!).
  • I then covered the rest of the book page with Distress Paint in picked raspberry - dried real quick too!
  • My Minds Eye small star stamped numerous times using Memento tuxedo black ink on to the already starred tissue paper
  • Next came a layer of Claudine Hellmuth matte gel medium which I then used to adhere the tissue to the book page and then another layer of matte medium to adhere that to an ATC blank - which I then weighted down to keep it flatter
  • I stamped the "rockstar" and "guitar" image on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then fussy cut out
  • After adhering the images to my ATC, I cut away the excess from the guitar image
  • I used Pro Markers in lime, magenta and pumpkin to colour
  • Stardust stickles gave the final touch of glam to this "rockin'" ATC!!!


And how did it look? check it out for yourself ...



I do find myself wondering (already) what Pam will do with these materials - did my ATC even come close to what you might have done? In the meantime, I plan to enter this over at Addicted to Stamps and More, where their new challenge is: "Anything goes" .... just so long as it has stamping and this sure does, three layers of it in fact!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone ... it will soon be Friday!

12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Love what you've done with your ATC. Can't wait to see what your crafty pal on Skye does with hers now. The tissue paper with the stars is scrummy...

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

I wasn't surprised at all that you used a fair amount of purple in your ATC - perhaps your ATC friend is into a different colour?

Kathyk said...

No purple, Lesley, although magenta IS a purple red, picked raspberry is a fairly bright pink which is why I chose to position it behind the tissue paper.

Kathyk

Deepti said...

OMG!! I would have never imagine that the ATC would turn out so amazing seeing those supplies :)

Deborah Frings said...

Very cool! One of my favourite stamps sets - your ATC is rocking! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

scrappyjacky said...

Well I certainly love what you made.

Debs M said...

looks great - fabby desk too x

cheryl Baker said...

Oh great desk hun and as for the atc just love it great design hugs cheryl xx

Hettie said...

Fancy seeing purple on your ATC Kathy!! It looks great though.
Now your desk looks like it needs a purple duster over it and a darn good tidy up! Wanna do mine when you finish yours?
Hugs
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great ATC love the tissue paper and the layers of stamping _ I finally managed a CAS card similar to what you do with the background stamp then the image and funnily enough I used this guitar image too
carol x

Louise Wright said...

great vibrant colours.

Sue said...

A great job with your ATC, Kathy! I love all the layers and colouring. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.