Monday, 24 March 2014

Morning and welcome to another week

Morning all,
 
Going to be a good week for me, I feel it in my bones! That said, Sunday started off sunny but rain wasn't far behind! I can't let that bother me this week though!

I've been on a bit of a crafting roll this past few days and have amassed a good few birthday cards on the way - must get back to my Christmas cards soon (fortunately a couple of new Rudolph Day challenges will be launched tomorrow). With the card I'm sharing today I have even managed to ink up a never before inked image and what a sweetie he is too - though I had to read the packaging twice because I couldn't believe it was a FOX!!! AND some snippets of card too - OH YEAH ... on a roll!




Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Neon yellow and lime offcuts for matting
  • Sugar Nellie "Ferdie Fox" (yes, that's what it says) stamped on to a white card off cut using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped on to the yellow card layer using Memento tuxedo black

As is my habit these days I stamped the image and sentiment on both the front and back of the envelope as well as the inside of the card - though I did stamp the image in Memento London fog on the card inner - just in case it was necessary to write over the image! Hope you like my card - yet another forgotten cute image - all I USED to make were cutesie cards - how my crafting has changed over time! I guess everyone else already knows this though, through their own crafting!
 
I may be set up for a great week but one of my crafting pals is not having such a great time and that's the lovely Sir Andy of Stafford. Poor chap's in hospital right now, with a very high temperature and dehydration - sending best wishes and get well vibes to you matey. His family are all, no doubt, worrying for England on his behalf and keeping me updated. Feel better soon Sir AofS and, Wynneth, try not to worry too much.
 
 
 
Happy Monday

11 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy,He is cute as you say,

Hope Sir Andy is on the mend real soon, Try to keep you chin up Wynneth.
Hugs
lilian

Sue - said...

Lovely card Kathy but have to say it wasn't for his tail I would have thought it was a teddy!

Kathyk said...

Teddy? Yes, me too, Sue! I thought his face was too round for a fox but ..... what do I know?!?!?!

Kathy

SARN said...

Hee hee . . . I have the Little Cotton Rabbits versions of these Sugar Nellies . . . they are SOOOO cute!

I can't decide what my style is . . . sometimes cute, sometimes grungy, generally CAS! Depends on my mood and the occasion for the card. Good to mix it up I reckon!

Anyway . . . I like the cute card today Kathy. Hope Sir AofS recovers soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Good morning Kathy, it's chucking it down here in Ireland, so I expect you will get it in a few hours. Cute image on your card, but I agree with you, I can't quite see him as a fox.

cheryl Baker said...

This is super cute hun looks like a wee bear too me but hey what do I know super cute whatever hugs cheryl xx

sandie said...

Such a cutie and the sparkle star makes all the difference! And thank you for commenting on my blog and directing me to The Card Concept, linked up!
I love the sky at the top of your blog..so, so beautiful x

Debs M said...

if it wasn't for the tail..... great make! x

My name is Wynneth said...

It wasn't until I read your description that I realised it was a Fox ! Very cute though and a real 'foxy' card - sorry I couldn't help myself !

Dad is doing ok, improving slowly and glad to be out of hospital, thanks for your good wishes.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Aileen said...

How cute! Love the added sparkles. x

Katie Berberich said...

Oh so cute and I love that yellow.
Isn't it funny how our creativity adapts over time?
Poor Andy, I do hope he's doing better.
Katie