Saturday, 8 March 2014

Morning and welcome to challenge day

Morning peeps,

Another Saturday looms large at the purple palace and, today, I am able to craft all morning without guilt as hubby is away enjoying his birthday gift from "the surrogates", which was a cookery class .... he hopes to be learning a number of Indian techniques/dishes and I'm sure hoping to be tasting his work later!!! So, for me, this morning is a WIN WIN!!!! AND I got my laundry done yesterday whilst it was actually nice enough to line dry - yee haa! Win, Win, WIN!!!

As usual, Saturday is my challenge day and, following a busy week, I may be playing catch up a bit but for challenges being set today (or any other day) see the list in my sidebar, it features the favourites that I try to enter as often as time allows. 

Here's my first make of the day ....




Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Two off cuts of white card, the slightly larger one was bordered with "denim" pro marker (for the blue)
  • Kaisercraft "script" image stamped on to the smaller piece using Versamark ink before liberally pouring white embossing powder over and heat embossing (not something I do often these days!)
  • Versacolour lime ink applied over the entire white panel and then ink removed from the embossed areas with paper towel.
  • Craft Stamper freebie moustache image stamped four times using Memento rich cocoa (aka espresso!)
  • My Minds Eye "Oh happy day" banner sentiment stamped on to another off cut of white card, using Memento rich cocoa, cut out and adhered using dimensional foam tape

I'll be entering this over at The Male room where their challenge is a male card following the colour challenge this time round ...

Challenge 5 - Colour

This time instead of a theme, we would like you to make a card using these colours:

BLUE, GREEN and BROWN

And I'll also be entering the above card over at the current
Scribble and Scrap challenge where their theme is "Anything goes". AND I've entered it for the Friday Mashup "make a masculine card" challenge too.

And, whilst I was in a lime and coffee mood .... here's my second make of the day -





Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white and brown card
  • Versacolour lime ink used to stamp the following images (either in part or entirely): Kaisercraft "distress" "chequer" and one of the "Stains" set, Inkadinkado ink blots.
  • CAS-ual Fridays border and sentiment stamped using Memento rich cocoa

I shall be entering this over at The Card Concept where they have a colour challenge too ... you are expected to state which style you have completed your card in .... I'm undecided, it COULD be Freestyle collage or it could qualify as clean and layered. As there IS really only one layer I THINK I'm coming down on the side of freestyle collage here!



I was trawling youtube yesterday and came across this video - it's not a long video but is pretty cool .... so, I tried it. OH MY GOSH, or, as Craig Revel Horwood might say ... it was a DISAAAASTER DARLING! Hmm - fab technique but I guess it still needs a little work!


Simply Less Is More has a One Layer Card challenge this week, with the added theme of "Spring Flowers", plus, there's a new colour challenge over at Annabelle Stamps too ..... nice colour choice. This is a monthly challenge that is new to me but I am LOVING these colours!!!



So, here's my take on the two above challenges - hope you like it..... I didn't have the exact colours specified above but tried to make it as close as I can .... not being much of an "artist"!




Materials used:
  • White, C6, 300gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • JOFY flowers stamped using Memento tuxedo black and "water" coloured with Distress Inks in seedless preserve, mustard seed and evergreen bough.
  • Paper Artsy sentiment and hand drawn "grass" stamped and water coloured using Distress Ink in bundled sage

And, finally, regular readers will be aware that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye and this morning saw the arrival of her latest packet, which contained these materials - got any ideas? Me either, not right now, but (having notched up three cards this morning) I may have a little think over a coffee!



Have a fab Saturday yourselves, whatever you have planned!

30 comments:

SARN said...

Well you could definitely use the flower cut out as a mask and ink through it! xxx

Julie Beech said...

My you have been a busy girl. Lovely cards and I'm with Sarn on the mask and ink idea. Although you could use them as a stencil and draw around them. x

Lesley Thomas said...

Cor, you've been busy today! Love the last card particularly, but I have no idea what I would come up with from what your ATC friend sent you, so I'll watch this space with interest.

Debs M said...

very busy Kathy = great makes x

Deborah Frings said...

Kathy - looks like you've had a really fun morning. I absolutely adore the guy card with the tashes! Clean, simple and fun. Thanks so much for playing along with TMR this week!

BTW - I think both your other cards are equally gorgeous. As for your swaps - have fun!

Gerrina said...

What a great card-serie! Love the male card, but my fav is the flowercard; they look so sunny!! Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Michelle said...

Wow, Kathy, what a wonderful collection of cards! They're all great!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yeeha! You're cooking on gas this morning Kathy. Fab cards. The lime and coffee is a lovely combo I've never thought of. Have a great weekend. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Great cards Kathy, love them all. Good luck with the elements from your little package, I am sure you will come up with a brainwave you always do xx

Squirrel x said...

A flying visit, but had to stop by as your cards are gorgeous hun! Hugs xx

Jen said...

great set of cards kathy
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Kathy xx Jan

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are absolutely wonderful, love the whimsy of the one layer flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps and hope that the Indian food is amazing (what a fabulous birthday present)!

Margaret said...

Great cards Kathy. Hope you enjoyed the fruits of your husbands labour :0)
Margaret x

KayM said...

What a wonderful array of cards! Beautiful work on all of them! So happy you joined us at The Card Concept!! :)

Craft-E-Place said...

Great cards. I particularly like the Jofy Daisies - beautiful.
Elaine

Anne said...

Wow you've been busy Kathy! Love your JOFY card, gorgeous.
Thanks for taking part in the one layer challenge at LIM this week Anne (Guest LIM commenter)

Katie Berberich said...

Don't talk to me about laundry, I did 4 loads yesterday and I'm still playing catch up. I fear another 3-4 loads again today. :( The downside of a holiday.
You worked wonders with the challenge, what a fantastic colour combo. Great indeed for male cars.
Love the water coloured flowers, I've not tried that with DI's.
Great post.
Katie

Kerin said...

Looks like you had a very successful Saturday of challenges! Very pretty cards! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

FeistyCrafter said...

Such a fun mustache card! Your other cards are great too! Love how CAS they are! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Mandi said...

Stunning card Kathy
Love that image
Supoer!
Thak you for supporting LIM
Mandi
LIM

Linda said...

Wow! Somebody's been busy. Fabulous cards .... love your LIM entry, JOFY are one of my favourite stamp ranges at the moment. xx

Lynda Day said...

Kathy,
Thanks so much for playing with The Friday Mashup! I love the little mustaches!!

Avery Murphy said...

I love your masculine card! The square scalloped card is great.

Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Jacqueline said...

Hi Kathy - your card for this week's challenge in TMR is lovely - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Mrs Harry said...

Lovely spring flower card, those JOFY stamps are just delicious.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a gorgeous clean and simple card and I just love your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Louise van Vuren said...

I like both your cards for the Male Room colour challenge. Lime and coffee-what a combination! Thanks for playimng along with us this week

Louise xx

Andrea said...

All gorgeous cards, love the third one layer!
TFS with us this month at AnnaBelle Stamps!
Andrea

Kylie said...

What gorgeous cards you have created! LOVE them all!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X