- ATC blank
- Glossy white cardstock
- TCW stencil and Imaginations Crafts sparkle medium in soft purple (the glitter is tremendously sparkly but, sadly, this doesn't fully come across in the photo)
- Distress Ink in seedless preserves applied using an Inkylicious ink duster
- Imagine That shamrock stamped randomly over the trading card, using Versafine onyx black ink
- Small hole punched in ATC and brass charm attached to trading card using a small brad
- Craft Stamper free "black cat" image stamped using Versafine onyx black on to white card and fussy cut out
- Imagine That sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink, but out and matted on black card before attaching to the ATC using dimensional foam adhesive.
I'm still playing catch up with my quota of Christmas cards AND I found a new Christmas challenge called Festive Friday .... their current challenge is a photo inspiration challenge and the photo is a bit fab
If that doesn't inspire you to make a Christmas card/project then I don't know what will!!! And what did I make with this inspiration? I'm still in my splatter phase so thought about how I could incorporate this in to my card design - did I succeed? Read on ...
- White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Paper Artsy "splatter" inked up with Brilliance rocket red gold and stamped numerous times around the edge of the card blank
- Recollections "splatter" inked up with Brilliance thyme and stamped numerous times around the edge of the card blank
- Off cuts of Black and Kraft card (for matting) and an offcut of white card - cut to fit the image
- Unknown manufacturers cling mounted image (I bought it YEARS ago at a stamp show) stamped using Versamark ink, Funstamps gold razzle dazzle embossing powder liberally sprinkled over, excess shaken off and then heat embossed - see how sparkly it became?
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped on to an offcut of white card, cut out and then attached to my card using dimensional foam tape
You can see the heat embossing below and how it sparkles - I used to emboss ALL the time and then pro markers came along and I sort of just STOPPED and then I stopped using pro markers so much when I fell for the CAS style and then there was the layered backgrounds and now, here I am, full circle - and back heat embossing and I still LOVE it! What technique did you used to use ALL THE TIME and then stop but have now re-discovered?
|See how it sparkles ...|
|I used Color Box gold and Versafine onyx black inks for the envelope|
Hope you all approve ..... as usual, my design (the image and sentiment) has been carried through the inside of the card too though, because of the size of the image I used Memento London fog for the image, in case people need to write over the image. Since I used some snippets I shall be entering this in Di's snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop too
And another Christmas card is added to my eight per month quota - YAY! I've been so behind again this past month and fell short of my February quota - I think that was probably down to Craftathon. Time to knuckle down and make some more!
Have a great Monday everyone