I set off for Craftathon on Friday late morning and was making good time for the first 30 miles when I hit my first traffic jam!!! My satnag told me that the M5/M6 junction was experiencing 61 minute delays and did I want to detour? Hell, yes! 61 minutes when I would only be 30 minutes for my destination!!! Hmmmm - scenic detour involved the M42 AND the M6 toll road - £4 well spent though as there was surprisingly little traffic!!! UNFORTUNATELY, as I hit Rugeley the town centre roadworks held me up and satnag tried to send me down a cul-de-sac (TWICE!) so there was nothing for it but to brave the roadworks again and take the next left - WRONG! The road was only blooming well CLOSED for the duration. Yes, you guessed it, a U turn and brave the road works again - THIS time, I rang our Craftathon hosts (hand free I hasten to add) and they kindly "talked me in" - phewww! A fantabulous weekend was had by all, some lovely crafting, lots of chat and laughter, some great meals and a lovely catch up with friends. As I said, should you wish the FULL story then hop across to the Craftathon 2014 page. Otherwise - here are the edited highlights!
|DAY ONE commences. L-R: Nicola, Lauren, Debs, Wynneth, Becky (foreground) and Sir Andy|
|Look at the great view from my hotel room!! A blooming great Amazon depot and a power station!!|
|Day Two - caution, crafters at work!|
|My own personal makes from Craftathon 2014|
|Our principal project was to make a clock and these are everyone's take on the project|
I should point out that my journey home, though wet, was more or less totally uneventful though satnag did her funky thing and directed me to the M6 toll road - I soooooo wanted to avoid those darn road works!
Quick catch up card, for three challenges, to share with you this morning.
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Offcuts of card in black and white for my image panel
- Kaisercraft "tiny dots" and small splat/drip (from the "stains" set) stamped using Memento London fog and Versafine smokey grey inks
- Inkadinkado drip stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Inkadinkado large splodge stamped using Distress Ink in weathered wood (stamped off once first)
- Sunshine Designs "wheat ear" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
I shall be entering this for the "Shades of grey" challenge at CAS-ual Friday and for Clare's challenge of "Splash, splodge or drip" over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) - as you can see, I've managed the splodge and drip! My image panel was made using two snippets (no new card pieces were harmed in the making of this card) I shall be entering it on the Pixies Snippets challenge (week 114's challenge) too