Monday, 3 March 2014

Morning and welcome to the start of another week

Hi peeps, thanks for stopping by my blog this morning,
 
Well, it was Craftathon 2014 at the weekend and this post might turn out to be just a little photo heavy so I decided to just share a few on this thread, the rest (for the AVIDS) will be on my separate Craftathon 2014 page - see it here

I set off for Craftathon on Friday late morning and was making good time for the first 30 miles when I hit my first traffic jam!!! My satnag told me that the M5/M6 junction was experiencing 61 minute delays and did I want to detour? Hell, yes! 61 minutes when I would only be 30 minutes for my destination!!! Hmmmm - scenic detour involved the M42 AND the M6 toll road - £4 well spent though as there was surprisingly little traffic!!! UNFORTUNATELY, as I hit Rugeley the town centre roadworks held me up and satnag tried to send me down a cul-de-sac (TWICE!) so there was nothing for it but to brave the roadworks again and take the next left - WRONG! The road was only blooming well CLOSED for the duration. Yes, you guessed it, a U turn and brave the road works again - THIS time, I rang our Craftathon hosts (hand free I hasten to add) and they kindly "talked me in" - phewww! A fantabulous weekend was had by all, some lovely crafting, lots of chat and laughter, some great meals and a lovely catch up with friends. As I said, should you wish the FULL story then hop across to the Craftathon 2014 page. Otherwise - here are the edited highlights!

DAY ONE commences. L-R: Nicola, Lauren, Debs, Wynneth, Becky (foreground) and Sir Andy

Look at the great view from my hotel room!! A blooming great Amazon depot and a power station!!

Day Two - caution, crafters at work!
My own personal makes from Craftathon 2014

Our principal project was to make a clock and these are everyone's take on the project
 
Thanks to my fellow Craftathoniers who, as always, made the weekend such a blast - I cannot BELIEVE this was the FOURTH year of Craftathon - who knew when we attended the first one?! And special thanks to this years joint organisers, Wynneth and her dad, Sir Andy of Stafford - thanks guys!

I should point out that my journey home, though wet, was more or less totally uneventful though satnag did her funky thing and directed me to the M6 toll road - I soooooo wanted to avoid those darn road works!

Quick catch up card, for three challenges, to share with you this morning.



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Offcuts of card in black and white for my image panel
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" and small splat/drip (from the "stains" set) stamped using Memento London fog and Versafine smokey grey inks
  • Inkadinkado drip stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Inkadinkado large splodge stamped using Distress Ink in weathered wood (stamped off once first)
  • Sunshine Designs "wheat ear" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I shall be entering this for the "Shades of grey" challenge at CAS-ual Friday and for Clare's challenge  of "Splash, splodge or drip" over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) - as you can see, I've managed the splodge and drip! My image panel was made using two snippets (no new card pieces were harmed in the making of this card) I shall be entering it on the Pixies Snippets challenge (week 114's challenge) too
 
Happy Monday, I'm done now, you can go about the rest of your day though I hope some of you will pop over to the Craftathon page!

17 comments:

Debs M said...

I set mine to avoid toll roads and it still took me through the m6 toll - managed to avoid it on the way down tho! It really was a great weekend :)

Lilian said...

Kathy. Glad you all had a lovely weekend, Your makes loog great,
Hugs
lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ha ha! Looks like I'm still trying to guide you in (though somebody appears to have nicked my table tennis bats!?) in the first photo. Another fabulous Craftathon! Roll on next year I say...

Sympathy cards are always tricky but this one is spectacularly beautiful and perfect for the job. I'd say you've aced it.

Love all your gorgeous makes.

Have a great week.

Lx

SARN said...

Hi Kathy . . . have been over to your Craftathon page and left you a comment.

Looks like a whole load of fun was had by all.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

What a perfect Sympathy card Kathy - absolutely right.

Love your 'room with a view' :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Glad you had a good weekend Kathy, I was without my broadband all weekend, and three phone calls and a lot of unplugging, I'm back!

It feels almost as bad as having a powercut. Now I need to get on with a few things, once I get off here.

Have a good Monday everyone.

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you all had a great time....and love all the different clocks.
My Bloggers Craft weekend should be in Cirencester this September....so hoping we can meet up.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post Kathy. I think I may be the only person still alive who has an affection for cooling towers - I can't help admiring their shape - and the architects and builders who built them. Just as well for you that the view did not spoil you craftathon pleasure :) Your sympathy card is perfect - love your splodgy topper - a brilliant use of snippets. Elizabeth xx

Craftyrose said...

Aha looks like you had an amazing craftathon. I had a fab birthday, but it was eventful in the end....as we were here......


http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Police-appeal-alleged-assault-female-staff-Bath/story-20742901-detail/story.html

Darnell J Knauss said...

It may have been a slog, but it certainly looks like it was worth all the trouble to attend, Kathy! Thank you for sharing, but how jealous am I? Your makes are fascinating!

And great job on the beautiful sympathy card for those challenges. I think it has just the right touch and feel to it. Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

Louise Wright said...

'satnav' or 'satnag'? in my view they are the same thing (the satnav certainly 'nags' at you!) so not sure if your typo was intentional ;-)
What a great lot of crafty makes and so diverse clocks. Looks like you all had a great time.
Great card too x

Kathyk said...

Oh yes, DEFINITELY Satna"G"!!!

Kathy

Tracey McNeely said...

Kathy what a beautiful sympathy card, the image is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

scrappymo! said...

This sympathy card is lovely. As lovely as a sympathy can be. It has a quiet understated elegance!

Brenda Brown said...

Wow looks like you all had the most fabulous time and what an amazing array of clocks and other crafty makes. Glad you got there and back safely. Love your card too xx

~amy~ said...

Great projects...love the clocks!
awesome take on the Shades of Gray challenge!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen said...

lovely card for a sad occasion...well done.