Sunday, 23 March 2014

Morning and welcome to Sunday

Hi folks,
 
How's your Sunday going to be shaping up? Hope it's going to be as nice today as yesterday turned out to be - lovely sunshine and reasonably mild - could have done with it being warmer but, hey, let's not get too picky ...... it wasn't raining so that was a result in my book.

I was reading one tabloid paper yesterday and saw the headlines "after all that rain, here comes the drought"!!! Oh, surely NOT!!! I thought I must have fallen asleep for a couple of days and woken up on April 1st! Hmm - REALLY? DROUGHT? Let's hope not.

I've a "Happy Hour" ATC to share with you this morning ..... hope this doesn't ring too many bells with fellow crafters this morning!!!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card snippets
  • ATC sized white snippet "swiped" with Distress Inks in picked raspberry and festive berries
  • Stampers Anonymous "circles" image stamped using Distress Ink in picked raspberry (ever since Craftathon I've not been able to think of this colour without thinking PICKLED instead of picked - thanks to my fellow craftathoniers!!!)
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk (how I LOVE my Kaisers to build up a layered background)
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiments stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink, cut out and the dabbed and swiped with D.I. picked (or IS it pickled!) raspberry - the larger sentiment also had the Kaiser "grid" image stamped too
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Max" image - isn't he cute too? - stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour "Max" before fussy cutting him out and adhering him to my ATC

Cheers! You can see this fabulous set (in it's entirety)  below and can buy it here

 
 
Here's a little snippet make I came up with - I shall be entering it for Di's weekly challenge over at the Pixie's Crafty Workshop
 

 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts (aka SNIPPETS) of card in: orange, brown, yellow and white
  • Penny Black image (from their fabulous Allegro" set of clear stamps) stamped on to white card using Memento pear tart ink
  • Twinkling H2O's sunburst, mixed with water and painted over the "flower" section of the stamped image
  • My Minds Eye "star" stamped on to yellow card using Memento tangelo ink and cut out
  • Two rectangles cut from orange card and corners rounded using a Fiskars corner rounder punch
  • Martha Stewart punch used to cut a floral border using the brown card
  • CASual Fridays sentiment stamped on to the lower orange panel using Memento tuxedo black ink.
 
Here's the envelope too ....



I use this Penny Black set quite a bit but this is the first time I've used this image - reckon I might be using it again - but I have no idea what flower it is - anyone? Looks to me like some kind of lily but, what do I know?!?!? Anyway, I shall be entering this card over at a couple of other challenges too, the first being the "Birthday card" challenge at The Card Concept where I will be entering it as another Clean and Graphic card, and also the sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday. See the sketch below, you will see I turned the sketch sideways for my card.

Here's their sketch

Have a great Sunday

17 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

fab makes Kathy. enjoy your day.

Debs M said...

2 great makes Kathy x

Cathy said...

Great cards Kathy, the colours in your snippets card are really striking, great take on those challenges. Cathy x

SARN said...

The frog ATC is CUTE . . .but I'm really in love with the Allegro flower Snippets card! Delightful.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wow Kathy, you were fast this morning! Two fabulous makes, both of which I see used snippets. LOVE that pickled frog - tee, hee. Plus your second card is gorgeous too. As Sarn says, that PB Allegro set is divine!

Hugs

Di xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

My oh my! You HAVE been busy... I just love that cute frog. He is one of my all time faves.

Lovely and very sophisticated card too. Looks like you're cooking on crafty gas today...

Lx

Irene said...

Brilliant ATC Kathy, but I love your flower card. The image is beautiful so soft and gentle.
luv
irene
xxxx

Squirrel x said...

What a contrast hun - the fun frog and the elegant bloom - both brilliant! Hugs xx

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, Loved your froggie (love those SnS stamps, they stamp out marvelously). Had to laugh at the sentiment, and your coloring is fab. Liked #2 as well. Loved the color shades with the delicate green flowers and the bright pop of the orange too. Very striking. Blogger is no help. I've sent this error to them several times. It probably goes into the cyber waste basket. They need to leave the program alone, it was working fine. Until they improved it. Tried Firefox this afternoon, it's more complex, and I still got some errors when trying to sign in where I'm already a follower. I'm tired of messing with the problem, so hope it gets fixed soon, and folks that I can't show up at their blogs, know I'm visiting by my comments! TFS & Hope your Sunday was lovely.

Dragon said...

Lovely vibrant card Kathy

Katie Berberich said...

Drought? For real? Oh man, pass me one of those Martini's ;
)
How is that even possible?!
Love your birthday card, great layout.
K x

Mrs A. said...

Super cards both of them. . Love the penny black stamp and your idea to decorate the envelope with it. Hugs Mrs A.

Vannessa said...

Both are great card, but I love how you turned our sketch round for your pretty flowers. Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week.

hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Great cards, Kathy! Love your vibrant birthday card with the gorgeous lace die cut piece. Reminds me of orange poppies. Thanks again for sharing with us at the Card Concept this week!

scrappymo! said...

Two great cards here!
Love how you did up the envelope of the snippets card. Looks so pretty matching like that!

scrappymo! said...

Two great cards here!
Love how you did up the envelope of the snippets card. Looks so pretty matching like that!

Darnell J Knauss said...

From the super fun to the super sublime, you've made two awesome cards, Kathy! I'm all about five o'clock somewhere (!) and your snippets make is breathtaking!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell