Saturday, 22 March 2014

Saturday challenge day ...... a little later than my usual posts but ....

Morning all,
 
Another Saturday has dawned fair and mild, despite the forecast ... ah well, guess they need a new piece of seaweed at the Met Office!!!

I normally post around 08:30 but wanted to have time to make a challenge card to include ..... didn't take as long as usual because, coincidentally, my inspiration was already in place from the first project below!!! Check it out!
 
I've an ATC to share with you today. If you saw my Wednesday post with the cutest little possum image then it should come as no surprise to you that it started me off on a mash up of my current fave technique of layered background but with a super cute image .... and here it is: -
 
Aren't these guys simply adorable too?
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card off cut, to just slightly larger than ATC size (to allow wiggle room over positioning)
  • Kaisercraft "Grunge" image stamped on to the white card using Memento dandelion ink
  • Kaisercraft "Triangles" image stamped using Memento pear tart ink
  • Kaisercraft "Tiny dots" image stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Stampers Anonymous "circles" stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Kaisercraft sentiment (from CS920 Friends mini set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • ATC edged with Memento sweet plum, just to give some definition to the edge.
  • Inkadinkado three bear image stamped on to white card and fussy cut out
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Off cut of black card to mat my focal image and then cut round leaving a generous border
 
A simple looking ATC but which, as you can see, consists of a number of layered image to build up the background - did I overdo it? I don't THINK so .... do you?

And, actually, I'm thinking I could cut pieces of white card, black card, stamp the sentiment and image on to white card and then send the whole lot to my Isle of Skye trading card buddy and see what she comes up with - what do you think? Good idea/bad idea? Pretty sure that there is NO WAY she'll come up with the exact same treatment!

Being Saturday, this is my normal challenge day and today is no different - I skipped across to the Simply Less Is More blog and checked out their new challenge ... it's "THREE" they want to see three of something on your card and also ask that participants check out and comment on at least three other entry blog posts, shouldn't be too hard - SHOULD IT? In fact, I have almost the perfect image from the ATC above!!! Hmmmm ...... and half an hour later .....



Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scalloped card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of card in white, black and orange
  • Inkadinkado bears image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black and fussy cut out before mounting on to black card and cutting out again, this time leaving a border
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Go Kreate oval die used to cut an orange oval virtually the same size as the image
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to the card blank using Memento tuxedo black ink

And there you have my three's .... actually THREE of them: Three bears, three offcuts of card and three words to my sentiment!!! Yee Haa!!! Best I get off now and see if there are three other entries for me to comment on!! There are usually over 100 so it shouldn't be hard to find three!

The above card also fits with the "Birthday Card" challenge over at The Card Concept and one of the criteria is that you have to state which style you've selected ... this time I've gone with Clean and Graphic as I (technically) have too many layers to qualify as CAS!!!
 
Have a great Saturday


17 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - fabby stamp x

SARN said...

No . . . not overdone the ATC at all Kathy. In fact comparing the ATC image with the LIM challenge card . . . I'd say you need to do ONE thing more to the ATC . . . colour the couple of white bits behind the bears black like in the LIM card!

Great technique though . . . love it.

Go for it for the Skye swap!

Have a great weekend . . . although the seaweed has worked down here - it's currently raining!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Dianne Gutchlag said...

What great bears - they are so cool. Both cards are lovely, but I really like the second one ... I think the bears need their space so they can steal the show - which they do
Cheers, Dianne

Nathalie Fournier said...

simply adorable!

Gerrina said...

What a fun image! Love the dancing bears! Great card. Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Lesley Thomas said...

How about three wins on the lottery? That would complete a nice Saturday, would 't it.

Yes, send your friend all the bits and see what she comes up with, but we will need pics please.

Anne said...

Love the bears! So cute--Love the ATC. Anne, yourmainestamper

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey such a fun stamp - great CAS card for the challenge too. x

Jan Ltc said...

A fab cards xx Jan

scrappyjacky said...

Those bears are great fun....and work really well on a CAS card.

cheryl Baker said...

Oh these are great images hun just love them hugs cheryl xx

Anne said...

Adorable bears Kathy!
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
LIM Guest commenter

Brian King said...

Kathy, How could I NOT smile when I saw these adorable characters? What a cute image on a fun and happy card!

Craft-E-Place said...

I love the bears and love how you've used them on the card. Great effect.
Elaine

Kimberly Clark said...

love those little bears!!! great card and the dots... fab! Kimberly LIM

Chrissie said...

I must apologise for my lack of comments over the past few weeks whilst I was on holiday in Australia, but hopefully things should be back to normal now!
This is cute Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Darling birthday card, Kathy! Such a fun and happy feel to it. I just love the scalloped edges on your card. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept this week!