Saturday, 15 March 2014

Saturday = challenge day!

Morning peeps,
 
 
Saturday being my normal challenge day there are a number of challenges which I try to enter through the week, as time allows, here are just a couple of projects I've managed to complete
 
I didn't get to craft yesterday as I was busy all day - in fact, I was out from lunchtime, I was at the local mall trying (fruitlessly, as it happens) to buy shoes - I have no idea what's happened to me or to shoes in general. Time was I could buy a pair of shoes EVERY shopping trip (not that I DID, I'm just saying I could) but I haven't seen anything in any of about 20 shoe stores that has grabbed my attention. I looked at some that looked fab on-line but which looked like they'd already been worn for months in real life!!!! I'm sure this makes them very comfortable but who wants to pay £60 and upwards for "old" shoes!?!?!?! What I did manage to achieve was underwear shopping - hand up who doesn't hate that! A necessary evil though, and it's done again ..... for a while.
 
You would think that, chore done, I could have relaxed in to more crafting once I got home but, no. My husband was out all evening so it seemed like the chance of the week but, no! Mojo must have had an early night!


However, it must have slept reasonably well as I've made two cards this morning already - check out the first one ......
 
I made this card first, it seems to fit three challenges so here goes nothing ..





Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • TCW stencil adhered to white card using low tack tape
  • Distress Inks in bundled sage and evergreen bough applied using an Inkylicious ink duster
  • Once the star was cut out I matted it on to a deeper sage green layer
  • Craft Stamper free snowflake image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, centrally in the star
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then cut out and matted on to sage green card before adhering to card blank using dimensional foam adhesive
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the snowflake

This is the stencil I used

Here are the challenges that I'll be entering with this card: 
52 CCT has the theme of "stars" this week
Simply Less Is More has a new challenge this week too, it's to use masking or stencilling
Festive Friday has a photo inspiration, which I shared yesterday but here it is again

Have a great weekend - don't panic there will be a second post along later - with my other card!!! EDITED TO READ: my second post may be found here, if you've time to check it out too!

24 comments:

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Love the Bundled Sage colour. Great festive card here Kathy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Gillian R said...

Wonderful cards Kathy

sandie said...

Mojo is back this morning!! Great card and I need to take you shoe shopping, I sure know how to spend money on shoes!!

Gerrina said...

This is a very elegant card! Love the easy-on-the eye colours! Have a good weekend, Gerrina

Lynne said...

Lovely card Kathy.
Lynne xxx

fabiola jaques said...

superbe création, sobre et élégante, merci de jouer avec nous a 52 CCT, a bientôt, biz

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely beautiful! LOVE the CAS feel and the snowflake on top of the star is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and happy weekend! Mynn xx

cheryl Baker said...

Oh hun this is beautiful just love the design hugs cheryl xx

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly clean, simple and so frosty looking! I think the stencilled star and that snowflake are lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Dianne Gutchlag said...

This is a brilliant card - I love it, and aren't those Craft Stamper stamps handy.

Lesley Thomas said...

Oh, I was here early yesterday, and no post - now I've come here early Sunday to find you posted twice yesterday! Well done for getting more Christmas cards done, I just couldn't do it at this time of year.

Glittertastic said...

This is lovely - the delicate glitter highlights on the snowflake are perfect!

Sharon
x

Beth said...

Gorgeous card, I love the shimmery snowflake with the delicate stencilling behind it!

Beth xx

Kathyk said...

I'm always later on Saturday's, Lesley, as I like to include my CAS make for at least the LIM challenge.

Kathyk

Jen said...

great card kathy
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Margaret said...

Great cards Kathy
Margaret x

Gay Peplow said...

Love your gentle colouring on this super Christmas card! That's a great stencil too :D x

Anne said...

Stunning card, will you be doing a purple version ;) ?
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Patricia H. said...

What a gorgeous snowflake in the center of your star! Thanks for joining in our March theme challenge at 52{C}CT! :)

Jan Ltc said...

This is gorgeous xx Jan

Louise van Vuren said...

This is a star of a card! Love the monotone and that Craft Stamper snowflake stamp is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining us on 52 CCT

Louise xx

Lynn Mangan said...

I love the snowflake within the star...absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

Geri said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday, Kathy! Love your snowflake/star combo as a focal point and the pretty scalloped edges!!!