Saturday, 15 March 2014

Second post - been a while since I did that!

Hello again peeps,
 
I'm out of the habit of second posts but, many blogs will not allow two entries from the same blog post so ..... a second post it's got to be! If you missed the first then don't worry - you can simply follow this link!
 
Anyhoo, since this is ONLY a post to enter a challenge I shall crack on with sharing my challenge entry with you.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white card and two colours of green card - for matting, though the closeness of the first layer hardly shows in the photograph
  • Penny Black tree image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • My Minds Eye stars (one with text and the other solid colour) stamped multiple times using Versacolour sage ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versacolour sage ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the solid stars and the tree
 
I'm entering this in the "Stars" challenge over at 52CCT and also the photo inspiration at Festive Friday - I think I prefer this one to my first entry though I don't know why ..... either way, wish me luck! THer's an "anything goes" challenge over at Completely Christmas so I'm entering it there too
 
 
Have a fab weekend

18 comments:

SARN said...

Love it! xxx

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi Kathy, great to see you and with such a pretty design...thank you so much for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas we would love you to join us again next week for another great challenge...
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
Xx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card....and thanks very much for my little gift that arrived today.

Mynn xx said...

Another lovely creation! LOVE the stars framing that fabulous tree image! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and happy weekend! Mynn xx

fabiola jaques said...

superbe création et jolie façon d’interpréter le thème de cette semaine, merci de jouer de nouveau avec nous a 52 CCT, a bientôt biz

cheryl Baker said...

Oh this is great hun just love the design hugs cheryl xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Really beautiful CAS cards, Kathy, here and in the prior post! Well done on all the challenges and good luck!!

Did you know you can just upload your second card to Flickr (which is free) and then paste that URL as the second link if you didn't want to post twice? I don't see that it's that different, but I've done it/seen others do it.

Thank you for the mag info! I've edited my post to credit them/you.
Enjoy your Sunday!! Hugs, Darnell

Deborah Frings said...

Good to see you again! I do like the shine of the pretty stars and that funky tree! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi hun great Christmas Card love it and thanks so much for joining us at Completely Christmas and wishing you the very best of luck x

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the subtle shine of the stars on this pretty card! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

KayM said...

Fabulous card! I love the black on white!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Debs M said...

2 fabulous stamps - great effect x

Ruth M said...

You're on a roll Kathy - two lovely starry cards entered into our 52 {C}CT challenge! Your mojo is back for sure! Thanks for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, hope we see you this weekend too! Ruth

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, two starry cards! Both lovely and perfect for our challenge at 52 CCT. Thanks for joining us
Louise xx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 3 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with CHNC Rachel GD

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon x

Rebecca Luminarias said...

What a pretty, shimmery card, Kathy! Love your beautiful stars! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!