Sunday, 9 March 2014

Sunny Sunday!!

Yes, I could get used to this sunshine you know! Hope you have some where you are too.
 
Yesterday my hubby was attending an Indian cookery class and I'm delighted to say that I got to sample his makes too. He made chapatti's, onion pakora's, vegetable samosas, chicken and vegetable curries, vegetable rice and even a chutney accompaniment - all in four hours - I'm impressed! He obviously enjoyed the experience as he's already talking about the advanced class! This class was held at a local hotel that, if you didn't know was there, you would NEVER find - plainly a well kept secret! He didn't get any photographs - sounds like he was too busy cooking! The class was a special birthday gift from the surrogates - thanks peeps.

If you saw my post yesterday then you will know that I received a packet from my ATC trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye .... set about making my ATC using the materials - had me stumped for a while but, I'm no quitter!!! Check out how it ended up .. can't remember yesterday's post? Underneath my ATC is a reminder of the materials that Pam sent me.




Materials used:
  • Pam's materials - see photo below ... PLUS
  • ATC blank
  • Off cut of white card roughly ATC size and coloured using Versacolour lime ink ... heat set to aid drying time.
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots", "bubble wrap", "stains" and "chequer" images stamped using Distress Inks: peeled paint, shabby shutters and mustard seed
  • Visible Image "flock of birds" and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • I sponged Distress Ink in seedless preserve through the punch card, using it as a stencil before adding stardust stickles to the petals.
  • Using a black Copic Atyou spica glitter pen I hand drew the "stems" on my flowers
  • Finally, I separated the beadwork in to one bead and one heart sets and attached to the centre of my flower heads using my glue gun

And here are the materials I received:




I hope Pam will approve of my take on her materials. Since the punched card is obviously a snippet and so was the piece of white card, I shall be entering this over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, in her snippets challenge!

I also finished my Craftathon clock - I looked at it for a couple of days before calling it "done" so I added a sealing coat of acrylic wax (thanks to Lauren for reminding me that we had both bought a bottle of this at Birds in the Barn and had yet to use!) and then, once dry, I added the clock mechanism - and here it is, hanging on the wall and ticking away.



Pan pastels new challenge is to make a project using THREE TEXTURES - interesting. Might have a go at that later. Congratulations to my crafting pal, Clare, on winning the last challenge too

Have a fantabulous Sunday everyone
 
 

14 comments:

Lilian said...

Great ATC Kathy.
I love the clock. you have done well.
Hugs
lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Yay I knew you would do it, very clever use of those supplies, this works a dream. Love your clock, such a great make. Happy sunny Sunday to you too xx

Debs M said...

great atc and your clock looks fabby! x

SARN said...

Brilliant use of your ATC materials - turned them into something lovely . . . did we ever have any doubt?

LOVE that clock. Well done you.

And well done hubby for completing his cookery course to your huge satisfaction!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun brilliant,love what you have done,here adore that clock its fab hugs Cherylxxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great ATC from what you were sent, Kathy, and I love your clock, though I would have had to mark the numbers in a more contrasting colour, otherwise I don't think I would be able to see it.

Lesley Thomas said...

PS, I forgot to say - absolutely no sun here! It's not that warm either, so enjoy your weather, then please send some of it west to me.

Deepti said...

Wow !! I did not know that you n ur husband enjoy Indian food so much :) if we ever meet, I will make some
Authentic Indian food for you :)
Loved those hearts on the flowers n that clock is mind blowing :)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, really impressed with what you did with those two items ... I'd have been completely stumped. Love the clock too. Elizabeth xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great ATC. I like seeing what you made with set supplies that someone else chose. That's neat. Nifty clock too!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I never have a moment's doubt that you can make something stunning out of mystery pieces, Kathy! Good job, as always!! And, OMG, that clock? Flipfantational!! I'm blown away!! Have a great SUNNY week! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

What a fabby ATC you made there Kathy, out of items (snippets) I'd have just gawped at dumbly. Clever you! And the clock is amazing BTW!

Hugs, Di xx

Katie Berberich said...

Oh my, all of that foods sounds delicious -well done Steve! What a great gift.
Your ATC is so cute, love how you used the hearts.
The sun was so glorious here yesterday too, I'm hoping it's a sign of what is to come! T-shirt on the sunbed, yes please!
Katie x

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, I wanna come eat at your house! Wish my DH would do something of this sort. How lucky are you! Loved your snippety card. I saw your supplies, and what you did was amazing (pretty too!). Love the posies and the way you got the flower centers. The flying birds is just the icing on it all. Lovely to see ya at the Playground. Glad ya'll are getting some much welcome sunshine. TFS & Hugs