Wednesday, 19 March 2014

The playhouse is FINISHED! Huzzah! .... oh and it's WOYWDW too!

Morning - a disastrous crafting experience to share with you today! Also a couple of less disastrous pieces.
 
Hubby was out on Monday evening and I thought to myself "YIPPEE, I can craft my little socks off"! Just goes to show how wrong you can be! I made one card but it's far from my best effort and it seems destined for the bin. It SEEMED like such a simple project too, to make a Christmas card using Pink, Lime and white and combine it with the Stamplorations sketch .... hmmm - YOU TRY IT and let me know if you come as unstuck as I did! TWO separate cards would seem to be the way forward, one for the colour challenge and one for the Stamplorations sketch .... watch this space! Want to see the "disaaaster darling"?

Don't think I'll be entering this in to EITHER challenge!!!

No chance to craft on Tuesday morning as we were meeting up with friends for lunch - this is what retirement's all about! Table was booked for 12:30 and we finally left there shortly before 15:00 - it was so nice to catch up with these pals, they looked so well too but then, they HAD just returned from two weeks vacation in Egypt!

I was catching up on my correspondence during the afternoon - hubby was back at the surrogates siting a mirror! I was just "prettying up" the envelope with some Kaisercraft images and a Penny Black brushstrokes image - makes it more interesting, don't you think?


 
 
And then I found an idea playing around in my head ....




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square panel of orange card
  • 11½cm square white card panel
  • Kaisercraft images from the "stains" set stamped using Memento: dandelion, tangelo and potters clay inks
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento sweet plum ink


And we got the playhouse finished too - OK, so that was Monday but I haven't posted since then, so, here are some more photos - including Iris - mid meowwwwww! .... Becky says she does this - A LOT!
 
Iris adding her voice to the "action"!

The boys playing at the half way stage!

Zac trying to keep himself amused till the playhouse is ready

The inaugural "play" - trust me, the door doesn't lock so they're not trying to escape!

"Mummy" moving in all sorts of "schtuff" for Zac
 
I've a pal nipping round for coffee this afternoon though we've not made up our mind whether to head to the local coffee emporium or to buy cakes and stay home!! Could be a last minute decision and weather based as it's a 12 minute walk both to and from the coffee shop .... and rain IS forecast!

Since it IS Wednesday, it's time to share my super messy work desk again ..... memo to self: TIDY IT!

 

Happy Wednesday
 

10 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Kathy, I think you need a bigger version of the playhouse for your crafting. That way your desk wouldn't get in such a state.

SARN said...

Great pictures Kathy.

I agree . . . the first card is NOT your finest hour and not up to your usual high and inky standard. Still - we all do something like this once in a while!

Loving the other splats card and the prettied up envelope.

Enjoy your coffee and cake this afternoon with your friend wherever you end up!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

The thank you card is perfectly inspired.

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a fun post, Kathy! The highs and lows in the life of a busy and social card artist and her family!! Thank you for sharing the boys' Playhouse! It is so adorable and will keep them occupied for ages!! Hugs, Darnell

Debs M said...

great pics - love that envelope x

cheryl Baker said...

Well I love the cards hun even the first one think its a great design, and the photos are great looks like you have loads of fun hugs cheryl xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab cards and a Fab playhouse too. I'm kinda wishing I had one myself :oD

Lx

MaryH said...

What a treat to read your post this evening. Lovely cards. Splatters aren't easy to do either. Yours turned out very artistic. Loved the pictures of the playhouse & kiddies too. What fun they will have in their own little space. TFS & Hugs

Brenda Brown said...

Your cards are lovely Kathy and the playhouse is gonna be a lot of fun for the boys xx

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous thank you card love the splats and decorated envelope -the play house looks great
carol x