Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Triffik Tuesday and birthday greetings

Morning readers,

I don't usually do a Tuesday post these days but following a crafting retreat weekend I'm playing catch up on some challenges.

I'd also like to wish a crafting buddy a very Happy Birthday, have a fantabulous day, Jan! Happy New Car too, hope you are thoroughly enjoying your new toy!


The project I'd like to share with you today fits two challenges, the first is the yellow and green challenge over at Simply Less Is More and the second is Clare's monthly challenge of "Splash, Splodge or Drip" over on Craftbubble 2½ (registration required in order to participate)


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Black card, white card and yellow card
  • Kaisercraft "script" image stamped using Memento pear tart
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Memento dandelions
  • Kaisercraft "coffee ring" (from the "stains" set) stamped using Distress Ink in mustard seed
  • Inkadinkado "drip" image stamped using Memento bamboo
  • Kaisercraft Splat stamped numerous times using Memento dandelion and pear tart
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And, yes, the eagle eyed amongst you will notice that my panel is every so slightly off kilter ... whilst I'd love to say I meant it to be that way I know none of you will fall for it, so .... the truth of the matter is .... new glue!!! Honestly, it dried so much faster than my previous glue (which I could wiggle for about ten seconds) and was FIRMLY adhered in about two seconds flat, leaving me with NO WIGGLE ROOM and a slightly off kilter card. Shame, because I really quite like it otherwise! FYI - I was asked what glue I had used ... it was Cosmic shimmer acrylic glue but I applied a really thin coat - perhaps too thin as it dried almost instantly!, a fact which MIGHT come in very handy on many occasions - just not this one!

Have a fab Tuesday and I hope your day won't be "off kilter"!!!

14 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh the times that happens, glue can be such a sneaky thing - Anita's Tacky Glue is a devil for instant grab! Love this hun, those bright citrus colours are gorgeous. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Naughty glue! Actually I wasn't eagle-eyed enough to notice the problem!

Lovely splats Missus! xxx

Chrissie said...

I simply love those splodges Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jan Ltc said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Linda said...

Ooh, love all those splodes and splatters .... and don't they look good in the yellow and green - fab card. xx

Julie Beech said...

I didn't notice the off kilter mount, blind man on a galloping horse! My friend is mobile but frustrated as hell, thanks for your kind comment.:)

Debs M said...

great card - I didn't notice it wasn't straight until you said x

scrappyjacky said...

I'd be lost without a bit of wiggle!! I love the Tombo liquid glue. Still a lovely card though.

Inkyfingers said...

I hadn't noticed the slant before you mentioned it and I love the springlike colours you used. The splats look like flowers from a distance and I love the font on your sentiment!

Lesley Thomas said...

Only just back with a connection, (yet again) - so frustratingly behind . Love the splats, they are sooo useful.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card and I love the yellows too. Looks absolutely fine to me but I might have to know what glue you used :oD Lx

Kathyk said...

Lauren - It was a really thin coat of cosmic shimmer acrylic glue and it just stuck right down, with no wiggle room at all - grrr!

Kathy

serendipity said...

Thank you for your kind wishes, had a lovely day. Love the great colours of yr card

Anne said...

Ooh I love this combination of splats and splodges!
Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
Anne
(Guest LIM commenter!)