Friday, 18 April 2014

HAPPY EASTER greetings to all my followers, friends and occasional visitors

Morning,
 
It's Easter weekend so I hope you all have plans and I hope the weather will be kind to those of you with any outdoor plans.
 
Here's a card for a pal not having a great time in her life right now - hope it cheers her, if only a little
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of Bo Bunny card, black card, white card, kraft card
  • Distress Inks: scattered straw, wild honey, worn lipstick
  • Water spritzer
  • Inkadinkado "Meadow" image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  •  
Over at Freshly Made Sketches on Wednesday they posted a doozie of a sketch and here's what I made of it  ...




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square panel of black card plus block die cut oval
  • 13½ x 14cm panel of DCWV metallic turquoise card
  • Fiskars corner punch used on two corners only
  • Turquoise glitter "drops" used on the remaining two corners
  • Dylusions mini couture image stamped on to white die cut oval and coloured using alcohol markers
  • Kaisercraft mini dots image stamped over masked image using blue chalk ink
  • Stampers Anonymous frame stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped in to frame using Brilliance sea blue ink
  • Two faux crystal gemstones used to highlight throat and  belt areas

And the sketch itself?
How cute is this?

With it being Easter many of you may be decorating eggs either as a craft project or simply to entertain the kids. I was blog hopping yesterday and came across Rocky's Crafting Blog and she had just finished blogging about a fab effect on a goose egg, check it out here
 
 


Rocky's Crafting Blog make - the finished egg - fab isn't it?
 


And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of friends Mary and Barry - thanks guys! ENJOY!
 
Daddy , how was I Born? 


A little boy
Goes to his father and asks 'Daddy, how was I born?'


The father Answers,
'Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway!
Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo.
 
Then I Set up a date via e-mail with your Mom
and we met at a cyber-cafe..
 
 
We Sneaked into a secluded room, and googled each other.
 
 
  There your mother Agreed to a download from my hard drive.
 
As soon as I was ready to upload,
We discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall,
 
 
and since it was too Late to hit the delete button,
 
 
nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that
Said:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Scroll down ............
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Keep scrolling down..........You'll love this .....




 





'You got
Male!
 
 
I have a number of friends celebrating their birthdays today so, to Liz and Tom have a good one and to Di, hope your special birthday is just fab. Dave's birthday is tomorrow - to you all .....




Have a great weekend everyone, see you tomorrow - it's challenge day!!

8 comments:

SARN said...

Hee hee - a very modern tale of conception for your FF this week! Hilarious.

Easter wishes going your way too Kathy.

Love both the cards you've blogged today. The warm fuzzies one is sure to cheer up your friend. LOVE the challenge card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great makes and I love the ff! x

Lesley Thomas said...

Happy Easter to you too Kathy - no time for my hot cross buns this morning, so I'll have them with afternoon tea. Love the cards, and the funny, Happy Birthday to your friends too.

Viv said...

Great cards again Kathy, Happy Easter to you too. Loving the friday funny he he :) Viv xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Love the FF Kathy; not to mention your two smashing works of art there. I SO love that "warm fuzzies" sentiment. It's ace! Lx

Rocky said...

Thanks for the link and I love the funny.

Hettie said...

I lover your warm fuzzies card there Kath. Very nice and my favourite colours too.
And your joke - very funny!
Happy Easter.
Hugs
xx

Cindy Hall said...

Great card! But I really love your little joke! My husband and I met on a chat forum 18 years ago! TFS! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!