Monday, 28 April 2014

Monday and the start of another week

Morning peeps
 
Welcome to the last week in April and the start of MAY!!! Is it me? My mother always used to tell me that time starts to whizz by as you get older and I always assumed this was nonsense but - turns out my mother was wiser than I gave her credit for!! Sorry mum.
 
So, MAY? Got plans? I'm STILL trying to keep up with my eight Christmas cards per month and am doing OK but (if I'm honest) I AM a little behind - you can expect more Christmas cards on my blog sometime soon!
 
Anyway, today is NOT a Christmas card, it's a guy card. Di sets a "snippets" challenge over on Pixie's Crafty Workshop and this card uses snippets to so I plan to enter it there - wish me luck
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square black card panel (x2 - one for the inside of the card)
  • 13½cm square offcut from a DCWV stack "Rockstar" - having previously used to make an ATC
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle guitar image stamped on to a snippet of white card before mounting on to a snippet of black card
  • Distress Ink: wild honey, tea dye and frayed burlap applied to white image panel using a Tim Holtz mini blender and foam pad
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to both the image panel and the DCWV rock star card
  • Kaisercraft "tiny dots" stamped using Ranger Archival watering can
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped below the fortuitously placed ROCK STAR using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Smokey grey faux crystals to embellish (in a hopefully masculine way!)
 
Yesterday saw us heading out in the afternoon for some mundane shopping followed by dinner at Uno's and then to the Gaylord Palms hotel, where we sat on the schooner and sipped cocktails - oh yes, a SPLENDID way to spend a Sunday

Castillo - hard to believe this is INSIDE the hotel

This too! The bar is onboard

Ever been to the haunted mansion in Disney? Looks a lot like this!

Hope you all have a great week - HAPPY end of April!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great masculine card....always trickier I find.

Di said...

GREAT card Kathy! I always struggle with cards for chaps, sigh.

HOW long are you away for, I reckon you took the sun with you so I hope it's not really long term :(

Hugs, Di xx

SARN said...

Fab way to spend a Sunday indeed!

Loving your snippets card here Kathy. Brilliant for a male.
xxx

scrappymo! said...

A great card for a fellow.
Now, on to the important stuff...that Sunday sounds heavenly! Loved the pictures...very spectacular!

Debs M said...

great male card - photos are fab x

Lesley Thomas said...

Oh wow Kathy, that is amazing! Fancy someone even thinking of having a yacht as a bar!

Good luck with the card, I hope you win.

(I've been really naughty this morning and ordered a compressor and airbrush set. Meant for cake decorating, but I can see a big future in card making too.)