Saturday, 12 April 2014

Morning and welcome to Saturday

Morning all,

Welcome to another scintillating Saturday - the weather is glorious here and I hope you have some of the same!

Have had occasion to stay in for a couple of days whilst we've had contractors on site ... needless to say, more than a little crafting has been happening which I will share over the next day or so ... anyhoo, here's an ATC to share with you today, trying to use new images and old stash! I had a piece of blue paper just a little larger than an ATC but not firm enough to use an ATC blank on its own so .....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Blue paper cut to ATCC size
  • Dylusions borders, Hero Arts sentiment and Inkadinkado dog image (on to white card and cut out)stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • RPC Studio flower image stamped on to ATC using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones used to embellish flowers and spots on the dog too
 
And a journal page - been a while (QUITE a while, if I'm honest) since I did a journal page.




Materials used:
  • Fresh page in my Strathmore journal
  • Versamark mini ink pad pressed on to the page repeatedly to form a geometric design before applying Diarylide Yellow pan pastel all over the page using a wedge sponge from Sofft..
  • Permanent Red pan pastel applied around the edge with a small Sofft tool. Once done with the pan pastels I buffed with a piece of paper towel and then sprayed with hairspray, to set.
  • I worked a background design using a variety of images from Kaisercraft background images, Dylusions border images and Stampers Anonymous background images  along with the following inks: Memento rosebud, lilac posies, sweet plum, Color Box coral
  • I stamped the sentiment (by Hampton Arts) and the two female images (Dylusions mini couture set), using the masked image created recently, using Versafine onyx black ink. I also stamped again on to coloured card and paper pieced their skirts.
  • Alcohol marker to colour the tops of both images
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the belt on both images and the large text on the sentiment

Felt good to be journaling again, mustn't leave it so long before I have another go!!

Over at Simply Less Is More their new challenge is for a One Layer Card and the theme is "Shadow Stamping"! Used to dread the OLC but now often use it - from CHOICE!!!! How weird is that?

Other challenges are available and launched today - for some of my faves check out my side bar!

Here's my card

And the co-ordinating inside and the envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "stains" images stamped using Memento lilac posies and rosebud inks, shadow stamping a second time without re-inking
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the larger text sentiment (card only)

As it's Challenge day again today so I might nip off and see what I can do for some of my fave regular challenges - I MAY be back later ..... if not, have a good day

15 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Love both your ATC and journal page. Have a good Saturday. Challenge day for you usually?

SARN said...

Morning Kathy . . . WOWWWWW - I LOVE your Journal page (and the sweet ATC) - but that journal page is sto striking. Maybe I'll play in my journal later - you've inspired me!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

2 great makes Kathy - loving the journal page and nice to see your new stamps included! x

Lesley Thomas said...

Just got home, after being at the Belfast Craft Show all day yesterday - bought a lot of card, envelopes and storage boxes, as they seem to be very expensive to get shipped here. Now sitting down with my feet up and a cuppa. Love your new stamps, how to they manage to look so haughty even without heads?

Lynne said...

Such a lot of creativeness Kathy. Love your LiM card, I think I need that stamp set.
Lynne xxx

Anne said...

Lovely LIM card and that journal page is fab!
Thank you for playing along this week
Anne
Less is More

Gillian R said...

Lovely cards

Gerrina said...

A real fresh-looking LIM-card; beautiful! And your page looks so jummy! (have to start again in mine...) Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous makes, great Lim card xx Jan

cheryl Baker said...

Oh hun what super makes great atc but the journal page is amazing really love it hugs cheryl xx

Margaret said...

They're all fab Kathy but I love your LIM card
Margaret x

Jen said...

kathy your cards are fab... love the splats
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Chrissie said...

Just love those paint splashes Kathy, terrific card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fabulous creations Kathy and thank you for your sweet comment on my LIM card, really appreciate it :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Marie said...

What an utterly creative idea, Kathy. I think I'll CASE this in blues/browns/grays etc...great masculine card. TFS.