Welcome to another scintillating Saturday - the weather is glorious here and I hope you have some of the same!
Have had occasion to stay in for a couple of days whilst we've had contractors on site ... needless to say, more than a little crafting has been happening which I will share over the next day or so ... anyhoo, here's an ATC to share with you today, trying to use new images and old stash! I had a piece of blue paper just a little larger than an ATC but not firm enough to use an ATC blank on its own so .....
- ATC blank
- Blue paper cut to ATCC size
- Dylusions borders, Hero Arts sentiment and Inkadinkado dog image (on to white card and cut out)stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- RPC Studio flower image stamped on to ATC using Memento lilac posies ink
- Faux crystal gemstones used to embellish flowers and spots on the dog too
- Fresh page in my Strathmore journal
- Versamark mini ink pad pressed on to the page repeatedly to form a geometric design before applying Diarylide Yellow pan pastel all over the page using a wedge sponge from Sofft..
- Permanent Red pan pastel applied around the edge with a small Sofft tool. Once done with the pan pastels I buffed with a piece of paper towel and then sprayed with hairspray, to set.
- I worked a background design using a variety of images from Kaisercraft background images, Dylusions border images and Stampers Anonymous background images along with the following inks: Memento rosebud, lilac posies, sweet plum, Color Box coral
- I stamped the sentiment (by Hampton Arts) and the two female images (Dylusions mini couture set), using the masked image created recently, using Versafine onyx black ink. I also stamped again on to coloured card and paper pieced their skirts.
- Alcohol marker to colour the tops of both images
- Stardust stickles to highlight the belt on both images and the large text on the sentiment
Felt good to be journaling again, mustn't leave it so long before I have another go!!
Over at Simply Less Is More their new challenge is for a One Layer Card and the theme is "Shadow Stamping"! Used to dread the OLC but now often use it - from CHOICE!!!! How weird is that?
Other challenges are available and launched today - for some of my faves check out my side bar!
|Here's my card|
|And the co-ordinating inside and the envelope|
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Kaisercraft "stains" images stamped using Memento lilac posies and rosebud inks, shadow stamping a second time without re-inking
- Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the larger text sentiment (card only)
As it's Challenge day again today so I might nip off and see what I can do for some of my fave regular challenges - I MAY be back later ..... if not, have a good day