Friday, 11 April 2014

TGIF!

Hi there,
 
Been a busy week one way or another and here we are at Friday again - hope you all have plans for a great weekend.

Yesterday, I DEFINITELY got the better deal as I was out shopping and lunching with my friend and neighbour, Sally, whilst my hubby was home with a six man workforce who have been replacing the roof! It was no doubt, hot, dusty and NOISY and I was out shopping and enjoying a catch up AND lunch! See what I mean? I got well footsore (my plantar fasciitis was giving me gyp by the time I got home!) and what did I buy? Besides my lunch? NOTHING! It was a close run thing though as I did find some smashing bags to revisit - see them here
 
I bought a couple of new sets of stamps recently and have deployed two of them for this card, along with a technique I don't use too often - paper piecing ...
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • I stamped the Dylusions mini couture image three times, using Versafine onyx black ink. Once directly on to the card blank, once on to a DCWV offcut of a piece from the "Olde World" stack and once on a piece of orange-y tan card (which I've for YEARS and came from a ½lb of cardstock from Walmart). I then cut out the skirt from the DCWV image and the top from the Walmart cardstock and adhered to my stamped card blank image using Aleene's tacky glue.
  • Pitt Pen "S" thickness, to colour the belt black
  • Faux crystal gemstone to accent the belt
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black and then the large text traced using stardust stickles
 
And then, on a roll, another card .....




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel with a border colour using a copic marker
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Dylusions mini couture images stamped using Versafine onyx black ink. I also stamped the female image on a piece of scrap paper cut out and used as a mask prior to stamping the masculine image
  • Alcohol markers used to colour images
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and frame stamped on to white card and cut out before colouring with an alcohol marker
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the "belt"
 
Oh yeah! five pounds well spent on those delicious images - wouldn't you agree? Still not sure about how often I'll be using the hats in this range but who knows? MAYBE I'll try some freehand drawing of some heads - gotta have a head if you're gonna wear a hat! Can't remember the set? - well, here it is again ..... there's a lot of hats on there so I just might have to experiment ... any suggestions peeps?




And here's how the inside of the card and the envelope turned out ....




And now, the Friday Funny which (this week) comes to you courtesy of my trading card buddy, PatG - so, I really DID get it off Pat!! Thanks Pat, hope you'll enjoy it ...
 
 


Adult Scrabble...






Rearrange the letters to spell out an important part of the human body which is even more
useful when erect.









PN E S I

 




 







People who wrote SPINE became doctors...






The rest are all my e-mailfriends...



 
 
Have a great Friday and a fun weekend


6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Two really classy cards hun, brilliant. And thanks for the giggle. Dr Squirrel xx

SARN said...

Ha ha ha . . . I'm NOT a doctor! I'm your email friend!

Well now Kathy - here's the thing - I wasn't sure about that stamp set when you bought it, but you have totally bowled me over with your lovely designs today!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

LOL - funny friday.. I obviously missed my vocation (and if you believe that you'll believe anything!!!)
Must have these stamps methinks! Two great cards.

scrappyjacky said...

Not a doctor here either!!
Love those stamps....the paper piecing looks great.

cheryl Baker said...

Not a doctor either hun just love the cards hun the stamps are super hugs cheryl xx

Deepti said...

These cards are so elegant n classy :)