Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all
 
Blimey - here we all are again, it's Wednesday and we're half way through the week and it probably feels more than a couple of days since Easter too!! Hope you all had a great break and didn't eat too much chocolate!!! We had a perfectly splendid afternoon with our friends and neighbours, Sally and Roger and their family. They had enough food to feed a small army but we resisted the temptation to go round again (and again!) and avoided bringing home leftovers for Monday too. They really are most generous hosts - thanks guys.

Yesterday saw us heading to a mall for some clothes shopping and ..... disappointingly enough I came home with ..... nothing! Not a thing!! ASTONISHING! I saw the Vera Bradley bag I had my eye on (in Cranberry magenta) but it was $80 so I left it in the store - maybe I'll try the outlet mall again and see if they have it in the Cranberry magenta. Still, as a consolation I did get a caramel Frappuccino in Starbucks!
 
Thought I'd make an ATC over the last day or so (allowing drying time) and here's the project in the early stages .......... I had applied ceramcoat pearl paint using a piece of paper towel and set aside to dry before scribbling squid ink gelato over the piece, spritzing water and blending with my fingers. I then roughly blotted with paper towel, hoping it would dry with the texture and/or pattern from the paper towel, which it did - see below

And it appeared to work too - YAY!

And here's the second layer where I added some images: Kaisercraft's "grid" and "chequer" images stamped using Ranger Archival in watering can but stamped off once (you can see the stamped off image on copier paper in the background of the pic) for a muter colour. Kaisercraft "stain" image stamped off and using Versafine vintage sepia ink. Recollections splatter image stamped using Memento sweet plum (NOT stamped off first)


 
 
Next step was to glue to an ATC and then think about the focal design .... this is definitely going in a rather grungy direction so ..... I grabbed my Stampers Anonymous sets of stamps and picked a couple which I stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (I stamped off the hand) and Memento grape jelly (eye image but it ended up behind the sentiment so you can hardly make out what the image is) - I'm really liking it and hope you all do too.





Over at House of Cards there's a sketch challenge

Their sketch, this challenge closes Sunday May 4th


I may or may not get the chance to have a go at this one.

In the meantime, since it IS WOYWDW - here's my messy desk ...




Have a great Wednesday

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's looking great Kathy...and so is your Work Desk. Love those Crimbo stamps I can see too... Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy - nothing on my workdesk other than what I've dumped there until I can get around to them. I'm still quilting, it'll take at least another 3 or 4 weeks, as I'm hand quilting it. Have a great day.

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Kathy, I love all of your stamped details.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Pauline
x

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely ATC.

Deepti said...

I love how you work with grunge on ur card, its so perfect and yes good luck with the bag!! hope u find it soon :)

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab ATC. Nice to see stash on your craft desk, mine is empty! C

Debs M said...

great make and desk - stamps look fab x