Monday, 26 May 2014

Happy May Bank Holiday / Memorial Day!

Morning all,

Hope you had a lovely weekend and are enjoying the sunshine and the extra day off work (for many of you ... sorry to those having to labour today).
 
Yesterday the super Silver Streak (my crafting buddy also known as Wynneth) and her hubby stopped by on their way through from their son's to home. They stopped long enough to catch up on some much needed chat over a bacon butty and a cuppa - well we simply had to give them refreshments at this break in their five hour journey, didn't we? Rude not to ... especially since they brought me a birthday giftie of a purple starbucks mug, purple mini wheelie bin (craft storage - I'm thinking scissors) and the delicious Tim Holtz Ideaology assemblage clock ..... hmm, it's almost like she's some kind of psychic as there's an article in a recent Craft Stamper covering just such a project - now, where ARE those alcohol inks? In case I wasn't effusive enough in my thanks yesterday ..
THANKS GUYS, great gift!

Anyway, after W&T left on the next leg of their homeward journey (the collection of the delightful and much missed by them Miss Tilly - also known as TTWD) I set about another project from the same issue of the Craft Stamper .... it was the May issue and it landed on our mat whilst we were away so I'm still playing catch up ....
 

 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of white, black and aubergine card
  • On the white image panel I used Permanent red tint/Magenta and Violet pan pastels - applied using a Sofft sponge, buffed using paper towel.
  • JOFY image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol inks to colour image
  • I erased the colour from the small circles, to allow me to take the following step without muddying the  colour (pan pastels are BRILLIANT that way)
  • Uniball white gel pen to colour small white circles
  • IndigoBlu flitter glue made in to an "ink pad" using cut and dry and a spatula
  • Artistic Stamper circles stamped using the flitter glue and purple pearl-ex applied quickly, before washing the image in cold water
  • Close to my Heart flourish stamped using flitter glue and then multi coloured gilding flakes and violet pan pastel used to colour flourish
  • Crystal glamour dust applied liberally to panel - to cover any gaps
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight white circles
  • Violet pan pastel applied to white card before adding the Stampers Anonymous frame stamped using flitter glue and then pewter metallic pan pastel, cut out and then adhered to my project using dimensional foam tape
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
This was a technique I saw and felt I just HAD to try. Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it. Since I used Pan Pastels AND their current challenge is "FLORAL" I shall be entering on their blog here

It's my sister-in-law birthday today so - have a great birthday, Ann


 
 
Have a great Monday, hope you have good weather on this public holiday

4 comments:

SARN said...

Lovely card and great technique. TFS.

Got stiff neck today so limited time on pooter for me.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

looks fabulous Kathy x

Lesley Thomas said...

Good morning Kathy, not so cold today, but no sun (yet again).
Love the splatty card Kathy, I really must use mine again.

Happy Birthday to Ann from me too!

Lou Sims said...

Stunning project and it fits perfectly with our "Florals" theme over at Pan Pastel Challenges. Many thanks for playing along with us, Lou x