Sunday, 18 May 2014

Some highlights of my recent vacation - episode TWO!

Hi there, welcome to Sunday - you ready for the second instalment of vacation pix? Grab your chair and coffee and come join me on my recent cruise!
 
The Port of Tampa, as we sailed off in to the sunset!


 
Happy Scrappers Kathy and Carol - excuse the "SELFIE"!
In the background Carol is holding the freebie "formal" layout kit
I'll get the hang of these selfies if it kills me!!

Greetings from windswept Boston!
As selfies go this one was a little better, now, if only I could control the hair too!

Fort Warren, Boston

The fabulous Brilliance of the Seas Centrum

Towel Art, an alien from MIB!!!


The beautiful port of Cobh in southern Ireland as seen from the ship
We created a bit of a stir when we docked!! You can see our ship from the centre of town!!
When we returned from our excursion there were Irish dancers and a band playing on the quay and ...
loads of onloookers came to see us off!!! Or was that just to make sure we left?

The whisky tasting excursion to Cork! Can you guess where we are????

No light pollution here!

Beautiful Bruges

Beautiful canals of Bruges!
 
Trust me when I say that I have a lot more but figured that nobody but me would want to wade through THAT many!!! Especially not when they COULD be crafting!

I've caught up with the (seemingly) never ending stream of washing resulting from our vacation but now have the tedious chore of all of the ironing - which I HATE by the way (as do many of my readers, I know!). And another downside of taking a glorious (and long) vacation is .... the grass!!! Check out the before and after grass in the photo below - YIKES!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! See what I mean?
You can see the length it SHOULD be, to the right of the path!!!
 
And, since I caught up on most of my chores I decided to take some time out and catch up on some challenges. The card below fits two challenges (hopefully) ..... over on the Craftbubble 2½ forum there us a group called Craft Mad and Loving It (because we are!) ... registration required .... and the current Rudolph Day challenge theme is "WITH BELLS ON" and Festive Friday has a red/white colour inspiration - want to see what I made? It will also (because it uses snippets) fit the snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and (let's face it) it's been several weeks since I entered Di's challenge!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Crafty Individuals sleigh image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Words from "Winter Wonderland" computer generated and cut out to fit over the original words.
  • Matted on to red/white/red card snippets - using Mini Perfect layers guides
  • Red/white bakers twine wrapped twice around the card and tied centrally in to a bow

I got to use some new stash ... I've had my eye on these babies for a while but everywhere seemed to be out of stock of the travel ones .... till I reached Birds in the Barn, that is!



And the colour inspiration was offered in the form of this photo ....


Oh, and, by the way - the peeps over at Scribble and Scrap have fortnightly candy ... Have a great Sunday

11 comments:

SARN said...

Terrific photo's. Thanks for sharing.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great photos Kathy - love the card too x

Lilian said...

The pictures are great kathy. Love the card. Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like a great cruise,Kathy....and you've brought the sun with you.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You've been missed in the Playground, Kathy, but oh, my, what a brilliant excuse you have had! Your trip seems like paradise! I'm so happy for you and thank you for sharing the photos!

It's been fun catching up and fun seeing that you didn't lose any mojo and are still making terrific cards for challenges! Don't overdo with the ironing. I figure the house rules are as follows: iron one garment, make one card, etc. and so forth.

Sometimes it goes like this for me: iron one garment, make a card, have a wodka, iron another garment, make another card, have another kodwa, make another garment, iron a card ... Hugs, Darnell

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the juxtaposition of the warm sunny cruise and your Christmas card! I love that city-scape - it's traditional and whimsical at the same time! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

scrappymo! said...

Sounds like a great trip...the photos are lovely. And so is your card!!!

Di said...

Super snippets card Kathy! Great to see you back, I truly thought you'd run away forever :) Super holiday photos, I don't mind seeing more - it's fun to go travelling online :))

Hugs, Di xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great Pics Kathy, Bruges is a beautiful town to visit, any time of year. I spent a fortnight in a convent at few years ago, taking a lacemaking course. What an experience!!! (especially as I am of the non believer persuasion).

Louise Wright said...

Great holiday photos Kathy. Looks like it was a trip of a life time. Did you enjoy the cruise part of it?

Geri said...

WOW…love that fun and detailed image! It's such a pretty card! Delighted to have it at Festive Friday…thanks so much for playin' along!