Friday, 16 May 2014

Welcome to another weekend AND a new Friday Funny

Morning,

There went another week of fun and stuff and I hope your week has been likewise.

I'm sure that some of you have realised by now, that my hubby and I have been away on vacation, first in Florida and then on a cruise - how lucky are we? We docked at Harwich on Wednesday morning and picked up a rental car for the drive home, though this process was not without problems and we were over an hour late getting away. We then headed to Colchester in order to meet up with a crafting pal (and now a very good friend) at Birds in the Barn where they made us very welcome. Fortunately, it's situated within a garden centre so there was something for my dear hubby to do whilst Lauren and I shopped!!! Some lovely scones for lunch and then back with her, to hers, for a monstering by her four pooches!  Once that was accomplished we checked in to our hotel before heading, with Lauren, in to London to meet up with her own hubby and then a short walk to the restaurant where we enjoyed a FABULOUS dinner experience.

With chef Todiwala's sister, whilst at Café Spice Namaste!

Back to the hotel and, after the karaoke party in the next room was quietened by hotel staff, a very good night's sleep! Yesterday dawned bright and sunny so, after a farewell to Lauren over toast and coffee we headed home and the chaos began! After a number of weeks away you can only begin to imagine the amount of post that awaited us! And don't get me started on the length of the lawn! There was then a MAJOR unpacking exercise and then the laundry run started! My home now feels more like a laundry with washing hanging everywhere however, a nice day is forecast today so it should all dry pretty quickly so I can get it put back in the right places - wish me luck.

I have uploaded all of my photographs but need to crop and shrink so, maybe tomorrow!! If that's the case then you will certainly need to pull up a chair before heading to my blog tomorrow!

In the meantime ......just one ATC to share with you today, hope you don't mind - I'm kind of stuck in an ATC loop here!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size
  • White card off cut, slightly smaller than an ATC
  • Distress Inks in worn lipstick, faded jeans and dusty concord - applied with a Tim Holtz mini blender and a foam pad
  • Kaisercraft "grid" and "mini triangles" images stamped using faded jeans and dusty concord inks
  • Stampers Anonymous line of stars stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous man with umbrella stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Luminarte radiant pearl spray, to give super twinkle! Can't see it? Check it out below ....



 
 
I DID buy some lovely craft stuff at Birds in the Barn and you just KNOW that this will feature prominently in the next few craft projects so, watch this space ....

The Distress Ink is stormy sky and the Treasure Gold is amethyst

Oh, how I've missed my crafting and challenges - lots of catching up to do in blogland - my apologies for being absent but, I'm back now!

My regular readers will also recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy from the Isle of Skye and, on returning home I'm sure you will not be surprised to hear that there was a new set of materials for me to make an ATC from. Want to see what I got?



Any suggestions for the creative use of these bits and bobs?

And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha. It's a teensy weensy bit risqué so, if easily offended please do NOT read on ...
 
Why We Love Our Seniors
 
 
A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed.
They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk  home.
              
On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint.
              
He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose.
However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.
              
While  he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was  lost.
She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 106 Rose Cottage Lane ?'
              
The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact,my farm is very close to that house. I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'

The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket.  Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'
              
'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded  to walk the old girl home.
On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no  time.'
              
The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me..... How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'
              
The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'
The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.

 
Have a fabulous Friday

7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Fabulous funny today Kathy, I am still giggling. As for being in a laundry, sorry, but my heart isn't in it to bleed for you, after weeks in Florida and a cruise!

Squirrel x said...

Did you know you that in Colchester you were only 20 miles away from me missus?! I reckon if I'd waved you might have seen me, if you'd squinted a bit, lol. Glad you had a super holiday, and glad you are back safely. Thanks for the Friday smile. xx

Kathyk said...

No, I did NOT know that .... perhaps we could meet at Birds in the Barn sometime?

Kathyk

SARN said...

Hi Kathy - good to have you back home safe and sound.

LOVING your schparkly ATC.

Also chuckled at the FF even though I'd heard it before!

Good luck with the Chinese laundry.

Happy Weekend hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

glad you are back safe and have had a fabulous time x great ff and atc x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great to see you and Mr K oh crafty pal of mine. What lovely stash you bought. You'll be pleased and proud to know I have already used some of mine but I can't post the card until Monday ;oD

Have a great weekend.

Lx

cheryl said...

Always a good laugh hun lol great photo too love your stash too and as for your creations brilliant hugs cheryl xx